Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Used Digital camera with Zoom recomedation

Used Digital camera with Zoom recomedation

Willie McHale

Can anyone suggest a good value for a used digital camera.
I have not owned one as of yet.

I would use it for family and nature shots. Would like a 10x optical zoom.

Budget $300. Will that get It?

Thanks,
Bill

Jim Townsend

Willie McHale wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a good value for a used digital camera.
> I have not owned one as of yet.
>
> I would use it for family and nature shots. Would like a 10x optical zoom.
>
> Budget $300. Will that get It?

Look for the Canon Pro90IS or Olympia 2100UZ.. Both have 10X zoom..
They also have image stabilized lenses to boot.. (Only 2 Megapixels
however)..

They're both in the $300.00 range.. I had a Pro90.. Good camera.

Lew

Look on Ebay for a Panasonic FZ1. X12 optical zoom, f2.8 all focul lengths,
and stablized so you can hand hold at x12. 2mp. They are selling for about
$300 since a new 4mp version, FZ10, is out.
Lew

"Willie McHale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone suggest a good value for a used digital camera.
> I have not owned one as of yet.
>
> I would use it for family and nature shots. Would like a 10x optical

zoom.

> Budget $300. Will that get It?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Ron Hunter

Willie McHale wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a good value for a used digital camera.
> I have not owned one as of yet.
>
> I would use it for family and nature shots. Would like a 10x optical zoom.
>
> Budget $300. Will that get It?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Nope. Look at Kodak DX6490 and Olympus C750. Both are about $200 over
that price. For $300, expect a 3x optical zoom. Don't even both
looking at the digital zoom spec.

Bill

You can find a brand new Fujifilm S5000 for about that price if you look
online. It has a 10X optical zoom plus a lot of other nice features. Try
www.dpreview.com and scroll down. There are listed several places that sell
it, along with the base price. No matter what you buy, you'll want a bigger
memory card as well.

Good luck,
Bill

news:(E-Mail Removed)...