Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > SHOOTING SLIDES

SHOOTING SLIDES

Has anyone found a slide duplicator attachment
for digital cameras ?

Has anyone experimented with copying color slides ?

I've got hundreds of old color slides that I'd like to digitize.
Scanners are cumbersome.
Dedicated slide scanners are too expensive.

I can remember using a slide duplicator
that attached to a ( film ) SLR.
The results were mediocre.....
but
A good PhotoProgram should be able to
compensate for any problems.

????
<rj>

Banjopikr1

>SHOOTING SLIDES

Check www.photosolve.com for their slide copier.

-Gene-

I use a Nikon 995 camera with a long lens hood spacer
and capture a slide lying on a light box. See here:
http://www.photoprojects.net/slidecopy2.jpg
Gene

"" wrote:

> Has anyone found a slide duplicator attachment
> for digital cameras ?
>
> Has anyone experimented with copying color slides ?
>
> I've got hundreds of old color slides that I'd like to digitize.
> Scanners are cumbersome.
> Dedicated slide scanners are too expensive.
>
> I can remember using a slide duplicator
> that attached to a ( film ) SLR.
> The results were mediocre.....
> but
> A good PhotoProgram should be able to
> compensate for any problems.
>
> ????
> <rj>

I've been trying to think of a way
to hook a digicam to a KODAK Carousel slide projector.
( camera facing "in", much smaller projector lamp )
This would enable rapid copying of slides
that are stored in Carousel drums.

Would a direct camera-to-projector link be possible ?
or must the projector image be displayed on a "white-card" ?

Unfortunately, I get lost when I try to
think past "virtual image"......

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:45:18 -0600, -Gene- <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I use a Nikon 995 camera with a long lens hood spacer
>and capture a slide lying on a light box. See here:
>http://www.photoprojects.net/slidecopy2.jpg
>Gene
>

>"" wrote:
>
>> Has anyone found a slide duplicator attachment
>> for digital cameras ?
>>
>> Has anyone experimented with copying color slides ?
>>
>> I've got hundreds of old color slides that I'd like to digitize.
>> Scanners are cumbersome.
>> Dedicated slide scanners are too expensive.
>>
>> I can remember using a slide duplicator
>> that attached to a ( film ) SLR.
>> The results were mediocre.....
>> but
>> A good PhotoProgram should be able to
>> compensate for any problems.
>>
>> ????
>> <rj>

<rj>

Olin K. McDaniel

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:36:39 -0500, "<RJ>" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Has anyone found a slide duplicator attachment
>for digital cameras ?
>
>Has anyone experimented with copying color slides ?
>
>I've got hundreds of old color slides that I'd like to digitize.
>Scanners are cumbersome.
>Dedicated slide scanners are too expensive.
>
>I can remember using a slide duplicator
>that attached to a ( film ) SLR.
>The results were mediocre.....
>but
>A good PhotoProgram should be able to
>compensate for any problems.
>
>????
><rj>

I first started copying my old 35mm slides with the Nikon CP-950
several years ago, using Macro focusing. The first efforts were only
fair, so I bought an 8X Loupe lens to mount immediately ahead of the
camera lens. This made for much improvement, still in Macro focusing.
Then later on, after buying the CP-995, I simply moved over to using
it. Of course, as someone else has already pointed out - be sure you
have a proper background behind the slide, a lightbox is ideal. I
made my own from a plastic freezer box, turned upside down, with slide
holders glued to the near side. The far side was aimed out my glassed
in porch on sunny days. Worked very well, suited my needs, but am
sure perfectionists would not be satisfied.

Olin McDaniel

To reply by email, please remove "abcd" from Return address
"Ignorance is treatable, Stupidity is incurable. Sometimes
the difference is hardly distinguishable, however."

Convert PowerPoint slides to HTML JDS HTML 11 02-24-2005 07:23 PM
create ppt slides dynamically/automatically csdev Java 2 06-16-2004 09:33 PM
converting slides to digital serge Computer Support 3 05-20-2004 06:26 PM
Microsoft PDC slides Ricardo ASP .Net 0 04-28-2004 04:23 PM
Can't scan slides with Epson Perfection 2400 Richard Wright Computer Support 0 02-01-2004 12:34 AM

Advertisments