Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Minolta Dimage 7i: LCD monitor and Electronic viewfinder down

Minolta Dimage 7i: LCD monitor and Electronic viewfinder down

Mick Ryan

I have an Minolta Dimage 7i and both the LCD monitor and Electronic
viewfinder are not functioning.

The Electronic viewfinder is completely dead and the the LCD monitor
is white with some lines across. I can still take images with it.

Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know, ballpark
figure, what the cost of repair would be through Minolta...it is out
of warranty.

I figure if the cost is $300+ I might as well buy a new camera.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mick

Mick Ryan

Anyone got any advice?????

Charlie Self

Mick Ryan asks:

>Anyone got any advice?

Did you shut it off, remove the batteries and reinsert (or insert fresh
batteries)? The manual is totally unhelpful here, but have you tried the
Minolta web site, which is usually a lot more helpful. I haven't needed it, but
there appears to be a quick line to get questions answered.

Could be the switch and could be the phase of the moon...and I wish I weren't
halfway serious about the latter!

Good luck,

Charlie Self
If God had wanted me to touch my toes he would have put them higher on my body.

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html