Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > CF Cards at the airports?

CF Cards at the airports?

Rosedco

How does the X-ray devices and other security equipment affect CF cards - both
unexposed and exposed cards - at the airports -- planiing a trip and want to
bring several cards with me to use with my Canon 300D.

Rosemarie

GlennT Dulmage

Try this link for more than you will ever want to know:

http://www.binbooks.com/books/photo/i/l/54C96AFAB8

Forgive him the "effect."

--
Glenn T. Dulmage
207 Valley Road

"Rosedco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How does the X-ray devices and other security equipment affect CF cards -

both
> unexposed and exposed cards - at the airports -- planiing a trip and want

> bring several cards with me to use with my Canon 300D.
>
> Rosemarie

Mark B.

"Rosedco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How does the X-ray devices and other security equipment affect CF cards -

both
> unexposed and exposed cards - at the airports

Doesn't affect them at all. I made multiple passes through x-ray equipment
to & from China and Costa Rica, no problems.

Mark

PTRAVEL

"Rosedco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How does the X-ray devices and other security equipment affect CF cards -

both
> unexposed and exposed cards - at the airports -- planiing a trip and want

> bring several cards with me to use with my Canon 300D.
>
> Rosemarie

Carry-on scanners won't effect them at all. _Never_ put valuables of any
kind in checked bags.

Ron Hunter

Rosedco wrote:

> How does the X-ray devices and other security equipment affect CF cards - both
> unexposed and exposed cards - at the airports -- planiing a trip and want to
> bring several cards with me to use with my Canon 300D.
>
> Rosemarie

About the same as they affect a rock. Not at all.