Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Pentax Optio S4

Pentax Optio S4

Davidmystery

Has anyone had good or bad experiences with this camera? Are you
pleased/dissatisfied with the image quality and ergonomics?

-David K. (USA)

Raymond Chuang

"Davidmystery" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news5TLb.59209$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone had good or bad experiences with this camera? Are you
> pleased/dissatisfied with the image quality and ergonomics?

The Optio S4 is actually a pretty good camera, though I prefer the near-twin
Casio EXILIM EX-Z4U for its larger LCD display and the "drop in" cradle base
that acts as a recharger and USB data connection for the EX-Z4U.

--
Raymond Chuang
Sacramento, CA USA

Anthony Buckland

Davidmystery wrote:

>Has anyone had good or bad experiences with this camera? Are you
>pleased/dissatisfied with the image quality and ergonomics?
>
>-David K. (USA)

I was very attracted to it at first - capabilities, compactness, reviews,
appearance - until I actually got it in my stubby-fingered male hands
and found I couldn't hold it without my fingers getting in the way of
the row of windows across the top front. I ended up with a bigger
but not clunky Canon A80, which gives me a nice battery hump to
grab onto, with the windows off to the left.

I'd recommend consideration of
the S4 as one candidate by a woman (or man) with smaller hands
and more delicate fingers (or maybe just different holding habits).