Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > CCD Replacement?

CCD Replacement?

AArDvarK

Is it possible in a Nikon 950? Point being is to install
a "better" CCD than the original ... possible?
--
Sincerely,
Alex

Roland Karlsson

"AArDvarK" <cravdraa@yahoo*SPAMLESS*.com> wrote in news:95xLb.55725$m83.31837
@fed1read01:

> Is it possible in a Nikon 950? Point being is to install
> a "better" CCD than the original ... possible?

Everything is possible, but in this case ... nope
it is not possible within any reasonable cost. The
drive logic and also the housing is an integrated
part of the camera as much as the sensor.

So - the cheapest way to get a better sensor is to
buy another camera.

Roland

AArDvarK

Thanks ... I sure wish they'd done a better job on
the 950's CCD ... dinjy, fuzzy, dim ... worthless
for normal shooting by hand unless the sun is
nice and bright. Even then it must be held very
steadily! ... I wonder if I could just buy a new
CCD and do the soldering myself.
--
Sincerely,
Alex

news:Xns946BBB5262854rolandkarlssonchello@130.133. 1.4...

> @fed1read01:
>
> > Is it possible in a Nikon 950? Point being is to install
> > a "better" CCD than the original ... possible?
> >

> Everything is possible, but in this case ... nope
> it is not possible within any reasonable cost. The
> drive logic and also the housing is an integrated
> part of the camera as much as the sensor.
>
> So - the cheapest way to get a better sensor is to
> buy another camera.
>

> Roland

Mark Herring

It's much more than just changing the sensor. The on-board computer
has firmware with correction factors that ar unique to the sensor.

By the time you were done , you would spend maybe 2-4X what it would
cost to get a newer camera.

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 04:26:01 -0800, "AArDvarK"
<cravdraa@yahoo*SPAMLESS*.com> wrote:

>Is it possible in a Nikon 950? Point being is to install
>a "better" CCD than the original ... possible?

Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

CMOS vrs CCD Charlie Computer Support 3 05-08-2005 02:30 PM
RE: How to deal with .IMG, .CCD, .SUB files gwehrheim@wi.rr.com Computer Support 3 11-28-2004 02:12 AM
Tech Ques: About 1-ccd, 3-ccd, sensor filters, etc Miguel Gonzalez Digital Photography 5 06-06-2004 05:20 AM
Re: cmos & ccd Pena Digital Photography 0 07-20-2003 05:31 PM
Re: cmos & ccd Don Stauffer Digital Photography 0 07-20-2003 04:55 PM

Advertisments