Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Restoring colour

Restoring colour

maf

Hello

I am scanning old colour prints (1960's) which have lost most of their
colour and look rather sepia. How best can I restore their original
colours, using Corel photopaint 9 ?
Any hint would be must appreciated. Is there a recipe ?

Thanks

Mike

Mark Herring

Don't know photopaint.....

In Photoshop, the basic technique I use for colorizing is to add a
layer with blending set to "multiply". In this way you can combine
the texture of the B&W image with the color of the new layer. If you
have some color left, you may want to first convert to B&W---then put
in the colors

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 20:56:52 +0000, maf <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hello
>
>I am scanning old colour prints (1960's) which have lost most of their
>colour and look rather sepia. How best can I restore their original
>colours, using Corel photopaint 9 ?
>Any hint would be must appreciated. Is there a recipe ?
>
>Thanks
>
>Mike

Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".