Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > All pictures are doubled up

All pictures are doubled up

John

Complete novice needing help please.

Camera: Panasonic DMC FZ-10.

The card that came with the camera was only 16MB so purchased a 128MB
card. At this stage I'm just taking photo's in different modes, and
settings, to get the feel of what I'm doing.

The pictures I took with the original card came out great, but every
time I take a photo with the new card I get a two photo's of the same
picture. (two for the price of one).

I've read the manual over and over, but can't find anything that
mentions this problem

Any help, or advice, would be appreciated.

Regards,
John.

Annika1980

>From: John http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid

>The pictures I took with the original card came out great, but every
>time I take a photo with the new card I get a two photo's of the same
>picture. (two for the price of one).

Wait till Sigma hears about this feature.
Then they'll be advertising a 20.4MP SD-11.

tatanka

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >From: John (E-Mail Removed)lid

> >The pictures I took with the original card came out great, but every
> >time I take a photo with the new card I get a two photo's of the same
> >picture. (two for the price of one).

> Wait till Sigma hears about this feature.
> Then they'll be advertising a 20.4MP SD-11.

<LMAO!>

Seriously John... Check to see if you might have "bracketing" turned on.

John

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 19:06:44 -0700, tatanka wrote:

> "Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>From: John (E-Mail Removed)lid

>>>The pictures I took with the original card came out great, but every
>>>time I take a photo with the new card I get a two photo's of the same
>>>picture. (two for the price of one).

>> Wait till Sigma hears about this feature.
>> Then they'll be advertising a 20.4MP SD-11.

> <LMAO!>
>
> Seriously John... Check to see if you might have "bracketing" turned on.

Pleased to see I've brought a small ray of sunshine into someone's
day

After posting my panic message, I gave it some further thought and
remembered that I had played around with the burst button a couple of
days ago. Thinking that I might have bugged something up I went into
the setup, and changed back to the default settins. Everything seems
to be okay now (fingers crossed).
Have no idea what bracketing does, so back to the manual

Regards,
John.

Randy Rhine

Bracketing is nice. If you're not quite sure the camera is taking
selecting the proper exposure, set to bracket mode and use the best one.

rr

John wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 19:06:44 -0700, tatanka wrote:
>

>>"Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>Wait till Sigma hears about this feature.
>>>Then they'll be advertising a 20.4MP SD-11.

>><LMAO!>
>>
>>Seriously John... Check to see if you might have "bracketing" turned on.

> Pleased to see I've brought a small ray of sunshine into someone's
> day
>
> After posting my panic message, I gave it some further thought and
> remembered that I had played around with the burst button a couple of
> days ago. Thinking that I might have bugged something up I went into
> the setup, and changed back to the default settins. Everything seems
> to be okay now (fingers crossed).
> Have no idea what bracketing does, so back to the manual
>
> Regards,
> John.

Dan Sullivan

news:1id04yaul5lss$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 19:06:44 -0700, tatanka wrote:
>
> > "Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Seriously John... Check to see if you might have "bracketing" turned

on.

> Pleased to see I've brought a small ray of sunshine into someone's
> day
>
> After posting my panic message, I gave it some further thought and
> remembered that I had played around with the burst button a couple of
> days ago. Thinking that I might have bugged something up I went into
> the setup, and changed back to the default settins. Everything seems
> to be okay now (fingers crossed).
> Have no idea what bracketing does, so back to the manual
>
> Regards,
> John.

Read the manual at least twice.

And be sure you understand everything.

Best, Dan

John

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 03:04:44 GMT, Dan Sullivan wrote:

> news:1id04yaul5lss$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 19:06:44 -0700, tatanka wrote:
>>
>>> "Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> Seriously John... Check to see if you might have "bracketing" turned

> on.
>>
>> Pleased to see I've brought a small ray of sunshine into someone's
>> day
>>
>> After posting my panic message, I gave it some further thought and
>> remembered that I had played around with the burst button a couple of
>> days ago. Thinking that I might have bugged something up I went into
>> the setup, and changed back to the default settins. Everything seems
>> to be okay now (fingers crossed).
>> Have no idea what bracketing does, so back to the manual
>>
>> Regards,
>> John.

> Read the manual at least twice.

I've only had the camera a week, and the manual is already
dog-eared

> And be sure you understand everything.

Well, that's another story

Regards,
John.

ONEStar

I have read my manual twice and am on my third time. It's amazing how much
clearer things become as you gain experience with the camera over time! In
the beginning I had to read every line and often still did not catch it.
Now it's like, "I know that".

Isis

news:1oxj38hy2zlg9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 03:04:44 GMT, Dan Sullivan wrote:
>
> > "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:1id04yaul5lss$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > on.
> >>
> >> Pleased to see I've brought a small ray of sunshine into someone's
> >> day
> >>
> >> After posting my panic message, I gave it some further thought and
> >> remembered that I had played around with the burst button a couple of
> >> days ago. Thinking that I might have bugged something up I went into
> >> the setup, and changed back to the default settins. Everything seems
> >> to be okay now (fingers crossed).
> >> Have no idea what bracketing does, so back to the manual
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> John.

> > Read the manual at least twice.

> I've only had the camera a week, and the manual is already
> dog-eared
> >
> > And be sure you understand everything.

> Well, that's another story
>
> Regards,
> John.

John

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:47:37 -0500, ONEStar wrote:

>> On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 03:04:44 GMT, Dan Sullivan wrote:
>>
>>> "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:1id04yaul5lss$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> on.

>>> Read the manual at least twice.

>> I've only had the camera a week, and the manual is already
>> dog-eared
>>>
>>> And be sure you understand everything.

>> Well, that's another story
>>
>> Regards,
>> John.

> I have read my manual twice and am on my third time. It's amazing how much
> clearer things become as you gain experience with the camera over time! In
> the beginning I had to read every line and often still did not catch it.
> Now it's like, "I know that".
>
> Isis

Hey Isis, That problem was days ago...had another dozen panics since
then

Regards,
John.

ONEStar

Thanks. I guess I need to "catch up" on this group. I still have 97,000
not downloaded!

Isis

news:(E-Mail Removed)...