Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Got my 10D

Got my 10D

cc

I got my Canon 10D today and I got the CF card in there no problem and
the battery slipped right in, and I managed to take 2 pictures already.
The only thing I needed instructions for was attaching the strap. Now I
just have to figure out what all these buttons and dials are for. One
thing I noticed already is that the AF is much much faster than on my
Canon film camera with the same lens. This is going to be fun!

EarGuy

"cc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I got my Canon 10D today ...This is going to be fun!

As a fellow 10D owner, I can assure you that it WILL be fun! Enjoy and find
a public forum to post some of your best shots.

Dave
Earguy

Jim

RTFM

"cc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I got my Canon 10D today and I got the CF card in there no problem and
the battery slipped right in, and I managed to take 2 pictures already.
The only thing I needed instructions for was attaching the strap. Now I
just have to figure out what all these buttons and dials are for. One
thing I noticed already is that the AF is much much faster than on my
Canon film camera with the same lens. This is going to be fun!

Gary Eickmeier

cc wrote:
> I got my Canon 10D today and I got the CF card in there no problem and
> the battery slipped right in, and I managed to take 2 pictures already.
> The only thing I needed instructions for was attaching the strap. Now I
> just have to figure out what all these buttons and dials are for. One
> thing I noticed already is that the AF is much much faster than on my
> Canon film camera with the same lens. This is going to be fun!

Two pictures already? Time to trade it in...

Gary Eickmeier

Dan Sullivan

"Gary Eickmeier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:AgTKb.136806$(E-Mail Removed). com...

> cc wrote:
> > I got my Canon 10D today and I got the CF card in there no problem and
> > the battery slipped right in, and I managed to take 2 pictures already.
> > The only thing I needed instructions for was attaching the strap. Now I
> > just have to figure out what all these buttons and dials are for. One
> > thing I noticed already is that the AF is much much faster than on my
> > Canon film camera with the same lens. This is going to be fun!
> >

> Two pictures already? Time to trade it in...

Once ya fill up that little card, what else can ya do?

Dan

Crownfield

Dan Sullivan wrote:

> "Gary Eickmeier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:AgTKb.136806$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> >

> > cc wrote:
> > > I got my Canon 10D today and I got the CF card in there no problem and
> > > the battery slipped right in, and I managed to take 2 pictures already.
> > > The only thing I needed instructions for was attaching the strap. Now I
> > > just have to figure out what all these buttons and dials are for. One
> > > thing I noticed already is that the AF is much much faster than on my
> > > Canon film camera with the same lens. This is going to be fun!
> > >

> > Two pictures already? Time to trade it in...

> Once ya fill up that little card, what else can ya do?

can you imagine a shelf loaded with used flash cards?
all that space!

> Dan

Andrew

Jim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> ------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C3D4D6.0FC82290
>
> RTFM

RTFM for your newsreader, HTML dolt!

Andrew

> "cc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I got my Canon 10D today and I got the CF card in there no problem and =

> the battery slipped right in, and I managed to take 2 pictures =
> already.=20
> The only thing I needed instructions for was attaching the strap. Now =
> I=20
> just have to figure out what all these buttons and dials are for. One=20
> thing I noticed already is that the AF is much much faster than on my=20
> Canon film camera with the same lens. This is going to be fun!

> ------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C3D4D6.0FC82290

> <!DOCTYPE HTNL PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTNL 4.0 Transitional//EN">
> <HTNL><HEAD>
> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
> charset=3Diso-8859-1">
> <META content=3D"MSHTNL 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR>
> <STYLE></STYLE>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
> <BIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>RTFM</FONT></DIV>
> <BIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <BIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <BLOCKQUOTE=20
> style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
> BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
> <BIV>"cc" &lt;<A href=3D"(E-Mail Removed)">(E-Mail Removed)</A>&gt; wrote =
> in=20
> message <A=20
> =
> href=3D"news:(E-Mail Removed)">news:3FFB6 (E-Mail Removed)</A=
>>...</BIV>I=20

> got my Canon 10D today and I got the CF card in there no problem and =
> <BR>the=20
> battery slipped right in, and I managed to take 2 pictures already. =
> <BR>The=20
> only thing I needed instructions for was attaching the strap. Now I =
> <BR>just=20
> have to figure out what all these buttons and dials are for. One =
> <BR>thing I=20
> noticed already is that the AF is much much faster than on my =
> <BR>Canon film=20
> camera with the same lens. This is going to be=20
> fun!<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTNL>

> ------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C3D4D6.0FC82290--

cc

Yeah I only have this little 32MB card so far and it got filled with 4
photos. I ordered another one but it hasn't arrived yet so I can't take
any more pictures. Now I have to find some place that develops CF cards
(I can't find where the tiny little roll of film is in the card but I'm
sure someone more knowledgeable can). I hope they don't charge too much
and I hope I didn't hurt the photos by exposing the CF card to light.

Crownfield wrote:
> Dan Sullivan wrote:
>
>>"Gary Eickmeier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:AgTKb.136806$(E-Mail Removed) r.com...

>>>Two pictures already? Time to trade it in...

>>Once ya fill up that little card, what else can ya do?

> can you imagine a shelf loaded with used flash cards?
> all that space!
>

>>Dan

Alan Browne

Andrew wrote:

> RTFM for your newsreader, HTML dolt!

Read your own duffus. No problem here.

--
e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.