Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Newbie question: removing array reference information

Newbie question: removing array reference information

Ben Miller

I'm working on a program which reads hyperlinks from a specific web page.
Using the WWW::Mechanize module, I read the page in question using regex to
scan for a particular URL string. Every instance of that string I find is
stored in an array. However, when I read the array, in addition to the
information I want, I also find hundreds of lines of code containing array
references for example: WWW::Mechanize::Link=ARRAY(0x90c160).

Regardless of what changes I make to how I read the information on the page
or even what information I look for I can't escape these array references.
Does anyone have a clue on how I can remove them or avoid them?

Thanks,
Ben

Jeff Dunn

Post your code and lets see what is looks like
Ben Miller <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<BCC9AE18.202C8%(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I'm working on a program which reads hyperlinks from a specific web page.
> Using the WWW::Mechanize module, I read the page in question using regex to
> scan for a particular URL string. Every instance of that string I find is
> stored in an array. However, when I read the array, in addition to the
> information I want, I also find hundreds of lines of code containing array
> references for example: WWW::Mechanize::Link=ARRAY(0x90c160).
>
> Regardless of what changes I make to how I read the information on the page
> or even what information I look for I can't escape these array references.
> Does anyone have a clue on how I can remove them or avoid them?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Jim Gibson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, Jeff Dunn
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Post your code and lets see what is looks like
> Ben Miller <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<BCC9AE18.202C8%(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > I'm working on a program which reads hyperlinks from a specific web page.

[rest of description snipped]

But post it to a newsgroup that actually exists. This one is defunct.
Try comp.lang.perl.misc. You should post a complete, working program
that is as short as possible but that demonstrates the problem you are
having.