Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > sony dsc - V1 infrared photography???

sony dsc - V1 infrared photography???

bloke

hi,

are here any Sony dsc-v1 users that can help me with this issue?
I would like to take infrared pictures with my v1.
Tried to point with a tv remotecontroll to the lens I could clearly
se a dot lighten up from teh remote.
So I guess it will capture Ir light in "normal" mode.Then just use a
ir filter infront of the lens could give some ir kind of looking pics,
wouldnīt it?!

But I guess It would be better to use it on nightshoot mode,But
this;like it says in the manual, might damage the camera. SO i guess
Im trapped here?
what to do? will a ir filter or other filter of somekind save my
camera when
using it in nightshoot mode in dayligt/sunlight? or should I just
forget that idea?

any help is good help

chers

MightyKitten

I dont know especialy about the V1, but I have a sony DSC-707

In normal mode, your sony will capture ir light, but not as much as in
Nightshot mode
If you put an IR filter infront of your lens in normal mode, you will only
be able to see IR light from very strong sources (eg light bulbs, sun - but
don't try- , Remotes) If you want to take IR pictures in daylight using
nightshot, you will need an extra light reducing filter. I got a 4 stop and
a 2 stop filter. This will take care of most dutch weather ciscumstances...
These filters are almost certainly aviable through your local photo supply
store.

PS if you shoot n day light, you might also want to kill your IR led. I
recomand a patch of thick black leather because IR will shine though most
paper, kitchen foil and other materials. (also see
http://stecf.org/~rfosbury/home/phot...maging_ir.html)

MK

"bloke" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...