Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Simple CGI port forwarding question

Simple CGI port forwarding question

Navic

I have a server running on port 5511 that can't be changed. It's
output is HTML code. I want to write a script that takes data from
the server on port 5511 and displays it to my apache webserver on port
80.

Being new to Perl and CGI, is this possible? Any pointers to
functions I need to use?

Thanks alot!

Joe Smith

Navic wrote:

> I have a server running on port 5511 that can't be changed. It's
> output is HTML code. I want to write a script that takes data from
> the server on port 5511 and displays it to my apache webserver on port
> 80.

Port forwarding won't work (since Apache is already using port 80), but
content forwarding will. You can 'use LWP::Simple;' in your CGI,
get the data from the other port, and print that.
-Joe

P.S. Do not post to comp.lang.perl; go to comp.lang.perl.misc instead.

nobull@mail.com

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Navic) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I have a server running on port 5511 that can't be changed. It's
> output is HTML code. I want to write a script that takes data from
> the server on port 5511 and displays it to my apache webserver on port
> 80.
>
> Being new to Perl and CGI, is this possible?

Why do you think that CGI would be the way to go about this? Why not
just mod_proxy?

here.