Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > On-site reviewing of digital images - what do you use?

On-site reviewing of digital images - what do you use?

Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.

Hi all!

I'm wondering what you all use for on-site review of your digital images -
and am most particularly interested in those whose images are stored on
compact flash.

I bought my husband a FlashTrax for Christmas, and he really likes it.

For myself, I just started experimenting with some jpeg viewers for my
Pocket PC (an old Cassiopeia E-125 - adore this machine!)...So far I've
found Resco Picture viewer to be fairly equal to the task, having tested it
on a CF full of images from my 300D - the pics were not at the largest
size, but the next one down, although I'm going to be shooting at the
highest quality and largest format from now on I think (well, excluding RAW
format).

What do others use, or are you all just squinting at your LCD?

Anne

--
"Slam a Spammer Today!"
http://www.slamaspammer.com

http://www.isipp.com

reg-john

i use the LCD if anything at all. i dont really have time to sit there are
bugger around, id rather snap away and then review it all when i get home.

"Anne P. Mitchell, Esq." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:94679FFE0shedevilnospamalossn@204.152.184.108 ...
> Hi all!
>
> I'm wondering what you all use for on-site review of your digital images -
> and am most particularly interested in those whose images are stored on
> compact flash.
>
> I bought my husband a FlashTrax for Christmas, and he really likes it.
>
> For myself, I just started experimenting with some jpeg viewers for my
> Pocket PC (an old Cassiopeia E-125 - adore this machine!)...So far I've
> found Resco Picture viewer to be fairly equal to the task, having tested

it
> on a CF full of images from my 300D - the pics were not at the largest
> size, but the next one down, although I'm going to be shooting at the
> highest quality and largest format from now on I think (well, excluding

RAW
> format).
>
> What do others use, or are you all just squinting at your LCD?
>
> Anne
>
> --
> "Slam a Spammer Today!"
> http://www.slamaspammer.com
>
> http://www.isipp.com

Frank H

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 22:46:39 +0000 (UTC), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
(Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.) wrote:

>For myself, I just started experimenting with some jpeg viewers for my
>Pocket PC (an old Cassiopeia E-125 - adore this machine!)...So far I've
>found Resco Picture viewer to be fairly equal to the task,

If there's no laptop about I use my iPAQ running PQV (PocketQuickView)
by Bitbank. Very quick loading the pix, full screen display and - best
of all - it will show the video files captured by all my digicams.