Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > filter question

filter question

Theo McD.

I have a UV and a Polarizer on my Fuji S602.
Does the order of filter from the lense matter??
If I put the UV in front or behind the Polarizer?? I would take that UV
would go first since it will also protect my polarizer.
- Theo

Dan Sullivan

"Theo McD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsw1Kb.5110$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a UV and a Polarizer on my Fuji S602.
> Does the order of filter from the lense matter??
> If I put the UV in front or behind the Polarizer?? I would take that UV
> would go first since it will also protect my polarizer.
> - Theo

One filter at a time.

UV.. no polarizer.

Polarizer.. no UV.

Dan

Bob Salomon

In article <Dw1Kb.5110$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Theo McD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a UV and a Polarizer on my Fuji S602.
> Does the order of filter from the lense matter??
> If I put the UV in front or behind the Polarizer?? I would take that UV
> would go first since it will also protect my polarizer.
> - Theo

One at a time. Either UV or a polarizer.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

Joseph Meehan

Why?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Dan Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2C1Kb.2466$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> "Theo McD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsw1Kb.5110$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a UV and a Polarizer on my Fuji S602.
> > Does the order of filter from the lense matter??
> > If I put the UV in front or behind the Polarizer?? I would take that UV
> > would go first since it will also protect my polarizer.
> > - Theo

> One filter at a time.
>
> UV.. no polarizer.
>
> Polarizer.. no UV.
>
> Dan

Joseph Meehan

Why?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Bob Salomon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <Dw1Kb.5110$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Theo McD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I have a UV and a Polarizer on my Fuji S602.
> > Does the order of filter from the lense matter??
> > If I put the UV in front or behind the Polarizer?? I would take that UV
> > would go first since it will also protect my polarizer.
> > - Theo
> >

> One at a time. Either UV or a polarizer.
>
> --
> To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

Joseph Meehan

Normally it does not. However due to the construction of the mounts
etc. sometimes it can.

Please note that this author is not the same Joseph Meehan who is a
professional author of Photograph materials.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Theo McD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsw1Kb.5110$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a UV and a Polarizer on my Fuji S602.
> Does the order of filter from the lense matter??
> If I put the UV in front or behind the Polarizer?? I would take that UV
> would go first since it will also protect my polarizer.
> - Theo

Marc

"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:842Kb.22441$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Please note that this author is not the same Joseph Meehan who is a
> professional author of Photograph materials......

.....it's Joseph Meehan the donkey cart delivery driver.

And top o' the mornin' to him............

Dan Sullivan

"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Z22Kb.22424$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Why?

Two less surfaces to possibly cause a reflection.

Dan Sullivan

"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:432Kb.22426$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why?

Two less surfaces to possibly cause a reflection.

Bob Salomon

In article <Z22Kb.22424$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Why?
>
> --
> Joseph E. Meehan
>
> 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
>

> "Dan Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:2C1Kb.2466$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> >
> > "Theo McD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > newsw1Kb.5110$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have a UV and a Polarizer on my Fuji S602.
> > > Does the order of filter from the lense matter??
> > > If I put the UV in front or behind the Polarizer?? I would take that UV
> > > would go first since it will also protect my polarizer.
> > > - Theo

> > One filter at a time.
> >
> > UV.. no polarizer.
> >
> > Polarizer.. no UV.
> >
> > Dan

House brands can change at the whim of the importer so there iss no
guarantee of quality over a period of time. Additionally the owner of
the house brand can change their plans and drop support for the product
or can cease business altogether.

Additionally with a factory brand their is always a factory to contact
in case of problems.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.