Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 20-foot Tripod

20-foot Tripod

Buster

The current crop of Canon PowerShot cameras come with 'Remote Capture'
software. This is pretty cool, you can run all the functions on your
camera from your computer and there is a preview window (as long as
you don't use digital zoom). The only problem is finding a long USB
extension cable.
Buster

On 5 Jan 2004 21:02:20 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Samuel Paik) wrote:

>George Crissman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Okay, okay, I'm just dreaming ... but it's something
>> that holds my interest and someday -- money permitting --
>> I'd like to be able to take overhead shots remotely.
>> That would mean having the viewscreen at ground level
>> while the camera itself was in position overhead.
>>
>> Are there any digital cameras with detachable viewscreens
>> that could be used for such a purpose? Don't need a fancy
>> radio or infra-red link -- an extension cable would be
>> just fine.

>Many digital cameras have NTSC video outputs. You can buy
>portable battery-powered NTSC monitors which you can then
>connect to such cameras. The harder part is triggering a
>shot--some have manufacturer-blessed methods to do so, many
>do not.
>
>> The ability to remotely control the focus and zoom would
>> be a nice touch, too.

>Some Olympus digicams have an IR remote which can control
>zoom (and shutter).
>
>Sam

Azzz1588

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Lawr
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>You access them and you then must send me and everyone in the UK a check
>for one penny. Their ours dammit

Well please disconnect your computer from the internet please.

It is a US invention, and therefore you owe everyone in the US some $$

Chris Quinn

Yes, but the World Wide Web is a British invention (Tim Berners-Lee), so
please revert to posting plain text messages and not viewing any hyperlinks
etc until you have paid your subscription fee!

"Azzz1588" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Lawr
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> >You access them and you then must send me and everyone in the UK a check
> >for one penny. Their ours dammit

> Well please disconnect your computer from the internet please.
>
> It is a US invention, and therefore you owe everyone in the US some $$

> "Only a Gentleman can insult me, and a true Gentleman never will..."

Don Coon

"Chris Quinn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:btug4g$23a$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, but the World Wide Web is a British invention (Tim Berners-Lee), so
> please revert to posting plain text messages and not viewing any

hyperlinks
> etc until you have paid your subscription fee!

Come on now! Al Gore claimed he invented it : ) --- at least the
internet.