Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Epson Stylus 2100 Drivers

Epson Stylus 2100 Drivers

Michael Slater

Out of curiosity, I wondered if there were better drivers for my Epson
Stylus 2100. On the http://www.epson.co.uk technical support site I
found they listed "Printer Driver Windows XP 5.3a" for the "Stylus
Photo 2100"

When I browsed my device manager, under "EPSON 1394.3 Printer Devices"
I have the "Epson 1394.3 Printer." It' driver details are:

EPSON 1394.3 Printer
Driver Provider: Epson
Driver Date 2/14/2002
Driver Version 1.0.12.0
Digital Signer: MS Windows Hardware Compatibility

So wow! At first blush, it appears I am using a 1.0 driver when there
exists a 5.3a driver.

Before I go leaping headlong into updating this, does this make sense?
Anyone know what the newer driver does? I actually haven't had any
problems with the printer. It's not very fast, but that's all.

The "downloads" page also lists: "Status Monitor 3 Windows XP 3.0a"
I'm not sure how to tell what version my existing status monitor is.

Mark Herring

If you are looking for Epson drivers, go to their web site---What you
see is what you get.....

What do you mean by "better"? What issue are you having?

On 4 Jan 2004 07:03:56 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Michael
Slater) wrote:

>Out of curiosity, I wondered if there were better drivers for my Epson
>Stylus 2100. On the http://www.epson.co.uk technical support site I
>found they listed "Printer Driver Windows XP 5.3a" for the "Stylus
>Photo 2100"
>
>When I browsed my device manager, under "EPSON 1394.3 Printer Devices"
>I have the "Epson 1394.3 Printer." It' driver details are:
>
>EPSON 1394.3 Printer
>Driver Provider: Epson
>Driver Date 2/14/2002
>Driver Version 1.0.12.0
>Digital Signer: MS Windows Hardware Compatibility
>

>So wow! At first blush, it appears I am using a 1.0 driver when there
>exists a 5.3a driver.
>
>Before I go leaping headlong into updating this, does this make sense?
> Anyone know what the newer driver does? I actually haven't had any
>problems with the printer. It's not very fast, but that's all.
>
>The "downloads" page also lists: "Status Monitor 3 Windows XP 3.0a"
>I'm not sure how to tell what version my existing status monitor is.

**************************
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

Rafe B.

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 19:16:06 -0800, Mark Herring
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>Before I go leaping headlong into updating this, does this make sense?
>> Anyone know what the newer driver does? I actually haven't had any
>>problems with the printer. It's not very fast, but that's all.

In high quality (photo) mode, Epson's aren't fast.

A driver upgrade isn't going to change that.

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com