Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Can't decide between Relations::Family and Class::DBI

Can't decide between Relations::Family and Class::DBI

Nicolas STAMPF

Hello,

I've just read documentation for both packages, and I can't seem to
decide which one to use.

I have some simple database things to do, but I'd like to have my code
prepared for possible future complications. I'm not going to use
Relations:isplay or things like that, and I'll probably end up using
the Template Toolkit...

There's some other doc on Class:BI on the net, but few (if any?) on
Relations::Family (which is the first I stumbled accross when looking
at CPAN).

I'm far from being a Perl guru, just doing the basics (I'd prefer to
'use English;' rather than $~#{#[~{[{[ things

Any help to decide? It seems to me that Class:BI is simpler, but I
may miss something?

PS:

Relations::Family is at http://search.cpan.org/~gaffer/
Class:BI is at http://search.cpan.org/search?query=...3Adbi&mode=all