Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Non-Slideshow software...?

Non-Slideshow software...?

(Pete Cresswell)

A little twist on the oft-posted question.

I'd like something that I could put on a CD as the startup app that would leave
the user in control instead of showing the pix on it's own.

Seems to me like one of the earlier versions of ThumbsPlus could be installed
that way and their UI is what I'd consider optimal for the purpose.

Anybody know of something else?....or the version of TP?

--
PeteCresswell

Ed Ruf

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 22:53:39 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "(Pete Cresswell)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A little twist on the oft-posted question.
>
>I'd like something that I could put on a CD as the startup app that would leave
>the user in control instead of showing the pix on it's own.
>
>Seems to me like one of the earlier versions of ThumbsPlus could be installed
>that way and their UI is what I'd consider optimal for the purpose.
>
>Anybody know of something else?....or the version of TP?

Simple HTML albums of thumbs linked to larger copies?
Or Irfanview?
http://members.cox.net/egruf
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

Johnny

> A little twist on the oft-posted question.
>
> I'd like something that I could put on a CD as the startup app that would leave
> the user in control instead of showing the pix on it's own.

Create a web gallery to put on a CD, then configure the CD to autorun
the web gallery. You can Google for instructions on how to create an
autorun CD, and there are many web gallery creation programs including
ThumbsPlus. My favorite web gallery application is "arles image web
page creator", and has an option for creating an autorun CD, but I've
never used it.

Arles Image Web Page Creator:
http://www.digitaldutch.com/

Arles - create an autorun CD:
http://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/faq.htm#autorun

Galleries I have made:
http://www.ushl.com/gallery/

http://www.aspenphoto-omaha.com/galleries/family.htm

http://www.elftmann.com/ushlgallery/...sion/index.htm

John

Norm

Try this link for a free slideshow viewer. http://www.unidreamtech.com/
You can create an autorunning cd with the application on it and the user
would have complete control over the showing of the pictures.

"(Pete Cresswell)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> A little twist on the oft-posted question.
>
> I'd like something that I could put on a CD as the startup app that would

leave
> the user in control instead of showing the pix on it's own.
>
> Seems to me like one of the earlier versions of ThumbsPlus could be

installed
> that way and their UI is what I'd consider optimal for the purpose.
>
> Anybody know of something else?....or the version of TP?
>
> --
> PeteCresswell

Marvin Margoshes

"(Pete Cresswell)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> A little twist on the oft-posted question.
>
> I'd like something that I could put on a CD as the startup app that would

leave
> the user in control instead of showing the pix on it's own.
>
> Seems to me like one of the earlier versions of ThumbsPlus could be

installed
> that way and their UI is what I'd consider optimal for the purpose.
>
> Anybody know of something else?....or the version of TP?
>
> --
> PeteCresswell

I use Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album. Some of the slide shows it makes cnage
the pix automatically, but incluude a way for the viewer to stop, go back,
etc. Others require the user to change the picture displayed. I like the
flexibility it offers.