Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Camera as temp disk storage?

Camera as temp disk storage?

stan@temple.edu

Phil <groeswenphil@(idont)btopenworld.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Would it be possible to use the card in your camera as temp storage space
> i.e. to transfer files from one computer to another?

You're probably looking for trouble. Why not just buy one of those
little pocket disk drives?

Anthony Buckland

>Phil <groeswenphil@(idont)btopenworld.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>Would it be possible to use the card in your camera as temp storage space
>>i.e. to transfer files from one computer to another?
>>

>You're probably looking for trouble. Why not just buy one of those
>little pocket disk drives?

One thing I have seen, at a recent Christmas lunch, was a guy carrying
around his company's backup on a high-end flash card. More expensive
by an order of magnitude or two than the 10Gby Travan tape I use for
my off-site backup, but you can't beat the compactness (or loseability;
I recall the librarian in the first Rollerball movie who lost a century, the
Fourteenth IIRC ).