Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > People with both pocket digital cameras & bigger digital cameras

People with both pocket digital cameras & bigger digital cameras

stan@temple.edu

zxcvar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Greetings! I used to have two film cameras - one SLR with different
> lenses and a pocketable Stylus with 35 mm f2.8 lens non-zoom camera. I
> found that I used to take more pictures with pocketable camera as
> Olympus camera was always with me. Now I have moved to digital
> cameras. I have two cameras.I seem to be doing the same with digital
> pocketable camera.

> What is your experience? Just curious.

I have a Digital Rebel. I do plan to buy a pocket size digital camera
to just keep on hand, but its not a high priority thing for me.

Malevil

Had Canon D30 for a couple of years - mostly sat in the closet as we always
had our Canon S110 (Digital Elph) with us all the time. Wife has to review
close to 2,000 images (we're behind) from the S110 to archive. Bought her a
Sony 72 for Xmas - it went back as the images did not compare to the S110
(have done beautiful (16x20 prints at Ofoto).

Also bought a Nikon 5700 a few months ago and was/have been pleased with
it - especially the long zoom. Very dissappointed in the focus assist,
low-light, Speedlight issues and inability to control/live preview on my
laptop. Most likely will go up on eBay soon and l go back to Canon. Nikon
accessories are the NextPhoto adapter with 72mm Nikon UV filter, battery
grip and SB30 Speedlight.

Ron

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:bt7g6n$g1b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> zxcvar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Greetings! I used to have two film cameras - one SLR with different
> > lenses and a pocketable Stylus with 35 mm f2.8 lens non-zoom camera. I
> > found that I used to take more pictures with pocketable camera as
> > Olympus camera was always with me. Now I have moved to digital
> > cameras. I have two cameras.I seem to be doing the same with digital
> > pocketable camera.

> > What is your experience? Just curious.

> I have a Digital Rebel. I do plan to buy a pocket size digital camera
> to just keep on hand, but its not a high priority thing for me.

(Pete Cresswell)

RE/
>> Greetings! I used to have two film cameras - one SLR with different
>> lenses and a pocketable Stylus with 35 mm f2.8 lens non-zoom camera. I
>> found that I used to take more pictures with pocketable camera as
>> Olympus camera was always with me. Now I have moved to digital
>> cameras. I have two cameras.I seem to be doing the same with digital
>> pocketable camera.

I've got a Nikon 990 (relatively-large) and a Minolta Dimage X (truly
pocket-size).

If I ever get around to it I'm going to sell the 990 because I'm just not using
it. They're both P&S cameras. The 990 gives a better-quality pic, but the
Dimage is always at hand.... so virtually all my shots are with the Dimage.

After I sell the 990, maybe I'll look for a digital SLR - partially to replace
the macro capability of the 990, but mainly to have something where shutter lag
isn't a constraint.
--
PeteCresswell