Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Is the Nikon CP 950 Service Manual online?

Is the Nikon CP 950 Service Manual online?

Calergin

Ya, I know people have scanned the manual and are selling copies.

Is there someplace on the web where I can get the PDF downloaded for free.

My camera Coolpix 950 has the switch problem and I want to see what kind of
effort it is to replace it.

Where would the best place be to buy a replacment switch and how bad is it
to get in a do it. I am very experienced fixing small electronics and have
no problems taking this stuff apart and fixing it.

I read once the switch itself was not something that can be taken apart and
fixed is this really true?

Thanks.

Don Coon

"Calergin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Ya, I know people have scanned the manual and are selling copies.
>
> Is there someplace on the web where I can get the PDF downloaded for free.
>
> My camera Coolpix 950 has the switch problem and I want to see what kind

of
> effort it is to replace it.
>
> Where would the best place be to buy a replacment switch and how bad is it
> to get in a do it. I am very experienced fixing small electronics and

have
> no problems taking this stuff apart and fixing it.
>
> I read once the switch itself was not something that can be taken apart

and
> fixed is this really true?
>
> Thanks.

If your switch problem is due to dirty contacts, you're in luck.
http://www.nightskyevents.com/Nikon950repair.html

David J Taylor

"Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message
[]
> If your switch problem is due to dirty contacts, you're in luck.
> http://www.nightskyevents.com/Nikon950repair.html

But it's far easier, and almost as effective, to dribble a small amount of
switch cleaner down around the mode switch. No disassembly required.
(This works well on a 990, anyway).

Cheers,
David

Don Coon

"David J Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)-this-bit> wrote in
message news:7hTIb.3561$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message
> []
> > If your switch problem is due to dirty contacts, you're in luck.
> > http://www.nightskyevents.com/Nikon950repair.html

> But it's far easier, and almost as effective, to dribble a small amount of
> switch cleaner down around the mode switch. No disassembly required.
> (This works well on a 990, anyway).
>
> Cheers,
> David

You sure don't have much to lose trying this approach first, but I will say
that the "Nikon950repair" procedure is much simpler than it comes across on
the author's page. I found the tools at Wal-Mart for about $2.50 and used
tuner cleaner. Worked like a charm : )