Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sony 828 first impressions

Sony 828 first impressions

Steven M. Scharf

"bmoag" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CiuIb.3668$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Most of what I have read about this camera, especially on this group, is
> completely baseless. I was half ready to send the camera back to Sony

before
> I got it. I think the size of the sensor's pixel count is causing pixel

envy
> among the susceptible.
>
> This is an astounding camera. It is not the best all purpose all

everything
> camera. Neither is any Nikon, Canon, Olympus or Minolta. I own a lot of
> those. But the quality of the 828 images has to be seen directly, all
> 22.8mbs, to be appreciated.
>
> Noise and color fidelity are non-issues in the real world

Huh?

This is a camera to be avoided at any cost (well maybe at $300 it should not
be avoided). To be fair, the CA may be the result of the defective coating,
as described in another post, and it can be RMA'd for a a fix. Still, it's
hard to see paying $800 for the 828, given all it's problems.