Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak DX4530 Remote Capture

Kodak DX4530 Remote Capture

Thomas McColgan

Hi,

I'm looking for a tool that lets me capture (and maybe even live preview)
images from my Kodak DX4530 directly onto my PC via USB, for example to use
it as a webcam. I've tried a tool called DC4800 Webcam, but it doesn't
work, just crashes.

Thanks, Thomas

William Jackson

This is not supported on the DX4530

The DC4800 did have the PTP commands that support remote capture so this
would work with the DC4800, but not the newer cameras (DX, LS and CX series)

"Thomas McColgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bsrv4o$ikv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a tool that lets me capture (and maybe even live preview)
> images from my Kodak DX4530 directly onto my PC via USB, for example to

use
> it as a webcam. I've tried a tool called DC4800 Webcam, but it doesn't
> work, just crashes.
>
> Thanks, Thomas

cgman cgman is offline
Junior Member

i tried the bubba ware for my dc4800, but it doesn't support winxp.

know of any drivers or software to get the bubbaware to work on xp?
how about any ideas for other software to get the dc4800 to interface with the PC?

I actually took the IR filter out of mine and would like to make a night vision camera and connect it to my pc's video input card.

any ideas?

thanks,

cgman