Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon S300 Printer With Canon Pro Photo Paper

Canon S300 Printer With Canon Pro Photo Paper

Larry R Harrison Jr

I have been using my new Epson 825 printer (a 6-color type) for photos. Got
the thing on Dec 26 and the photos look great. Too soon to say how long the
ink etc will last.

Anyhow, for the past year I've also had a Canon S300 (a regular 4-color
type) printer. I never used it to print photos, but with my wife kind of
using the Epson an awful lot lately I've considered wrigging it up to handle
photos.

I never bothered before due to the fear of fading, but I read that Wilheim
rated Canon's Pro Photo paper as lasting 37-odd years. So I considered maybe
using that paper with the S300 for my wife's usage.

Any tips on my doing that? Is perhaps the Pro Photo Paper only meant for
high-end printers like the i9100, or would the S300 possibly match up well
with it?

LRH