Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > how to submit a form with click on image

how to submit a form with click on image

Pawel Banys

Hello,

There is a form which contains the following element:

<FORM name="testForm" method="post" action="http://server/some_script">
......../ some standard entry fields /.......
<input type="image" name="img_submit" src="click.jpg" alt="click on me">
</form>

When that image is clicked on the webpage, the "some_script" is called and
shows some results.

How to post data and submit such form using Perl script so that the click on
image is simulated and "some_script" executes normally just like after real
clicking?

Thank you for any help.

Pawel Banys

Jim Gibson

In article <c65no3$o2f$(E-Mail Removed)>, Pawel Banys
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There is a form which contains the following element:
>
> <FORM name="testForm" method="post" action="http://server/some_script">
> ......./ some standard entry fields /.......
> <input type="image" name="img_submit" src="click.jpg" alt="click on me">
> </form>
>
> When that image is clicked on the webpage, the "some_script" is called and
> shows some results.
>
> How to post data and submit such form using Perl script so that the click on
> image is simulated and "some_script" executes normally just like after real
> clicking?
>
> Thank you for any help.
>
> Pawel Banys

Check out the LWP module. Do you know how to download and use modules?
If not, check out the www.cpan.org website.

FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future.