Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > can't read Lexar starter card in PCMCIA card

can't read Lexar starter card in PCMCIA card

Med Bennett

I got a Nikon 5700 for Christmas and with it came a Lexar 16MB starter
memory card. It's ridiculously small for the camera, and I will soon be
buying some bigger card, but I don't want to buy new cards that won't
work either. I cannot read it from my laptop/PCMCIA adapter, although my
older 32MB Kodak picture card works fine in the camera and in the
adapter. The laptop automatically recognizes every other card I have put
in, but nothing happens when I insert the new Lexar card. The Lexar card
says "8X speed rated" on it - does this cause the problem?

TIA, Med

Jack Yeazel

I don't know if I can add any "sense" to this discussion, but I also can't read
Lexar 128 and 256MB cards in my PCMCIA adapter slot in my desktop... I'm
thinking it's because the adapter is 16bit and not 32bit as in my notebook...

I can read these cards OK in my Toshiba Notebook...??? But back to your
problem, I have those 8x cards also, and they read read OK in my desktop
adapter...??? Have you tried formatting the card in your camera??

--
Jack

Get general GPS information at: http://www.gpsinformation.net/