Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Camera memory is R/W from PC

Camera memory is R/W from PC

Top Spin

I just discovered that the memory card in my Oly C-700 can be used
like any Windows drive. That is, from Windows Explorer, I can create
folders, and read & write files from and to the memory card.

I just stored a 100MB ZIP file on the 128MD memory card. The camera
immediately showed only 59 photos remaining where there had been 257
before.

I also tried copying photos previously copied from that same camera.
The copy was successful, but the camera could not display them.
Apparently, it knows the space is gone, but does not know anything
about what is in that space.

This is probably not that useful, but it was a surprise to me.

--
Using an Olympus C-700 Ultra Zoom
Running Win2K SR-1
For email, use Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com

Paul L

My old minolta and new canon create a specifically named folder on the cf
card. if pics are dragged into there and follow the file namimg scheme,
they'll display
news:(E-Mail Removed)...