Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital Wallet ??

Digital Wallet ??

Siberian Goose

Are there any reasonably priced Digital Wallets available of about 5 to 10
gig that will directly accept a CF card & any image format ??
I am looking for a retail outlet here in the U.K which can supply me.

Thanks all..

Phil.

Rafe B.

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 14:38:22 -0000, "Siberian Goose"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Are there any reasonably priced Digital Wallets available of about 5 to 10
>gig that will directly accept a CF card & any image format ??
>I am looking for a retail outlet here in the U.K which can supply me.

Image Tank G 1.5.

I got mine with a 20 gig hard drive for $180.

You can buy it bare and then scrounge for
your own (notebook sized) IDE hard drive
if you want to save a few bucks.

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com

Jim Davis

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 14:46:32 GMT, Rafe B. <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote/replied to:

>>Are there any reasonably priced Digital Wallets available of about 5 to 10
>>gig that will directly accept a CF card & any image format ??
>>I am looking for a retail outlet here in the U.K which can supply me.

>Image Tank G 1.5.
>
>I got mine with a 20 gig hard drive for $180.
>
>You can buy it bare and then scrounge for
>your own (notebook sized) IDE hard drive
>if you want to save a few bucks

I paid a bit more and got it with A/C smart power source, car 12v
adaptor and LCD screen. I got mine from Adorama. If you check ,the
cheapest ones only work with batteries or need to pay extra for an A/C
converter. Mine has the A/C built in and it will charge and work off
A/C at the same time. If you're stuck only working off batteries, that
can be a bummer. Pay a bit more and get a better digital wallet.

wrote/replied to:

>Image Tank G 1.5.
>
>I got mine with a 20 gig hard drive for $180.

Image Tank 2 here, just arrived. Quite a bit more expensive, but it
runs off of more than just a battery. Come with A/C and car adaptors.
Work while smart charging. USB 2. Haven't tried it yet, it's charging.
I hope this little baby will answer me travelling needs.