Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Print output before program end

Print output before program end

Rafal Lagowski

Hi all

This is my small problem ...

I have a program which make a long long statistic (about 2 minutes)
It enough to timeout in my browser (or squid proxy of client)

I want first make a page which is checking if there exist a result of
stat maker (some PDF file)

If NO then reload, if YES then show the page with a link
This is not problem. I'm making it.

In first line of my program I make

print $query->redirect("ProgWait.pl?result=doc.pdf");

and after program is making stats. There is no more output from this
program.

The problem is that result of print is showed when ALL program is
finish, so when result PDF exist, so redirect is not have sens.

I have option to call first program ProgWait.pl?result=doc.pdf and after
make stats, but I have pass a lot of parameters

Is there any other solution to print output before program end

Thanks a lot ....

Rafal

Jim Gibson

On 2004-04-11 14:43:02 -0700, Rafal Lagowski <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Hi all
>
> This is my small problem ...
>
> I have a program which make a long long statistic (about 2 minutes)
> It enough to timeout in my browser (or squid proxy of client)

[details snipped]

See the article by Randal Schwartz:

http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/LinuxMag/col39.html

--