Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > DSCN1234.JPG vs dscn1234.jpg on COOLPIX 885

DSCN1234.JPG vs dscn1234.jpg on COOLPIX 885

Michel Boivin, ing.

I have a Nikkon Coolpix 885 and I have noticed some irregular behavior in
the way it writes the photos numbers on the scan disk directory.

As mentionned in the object, once in a while, I notice in the listing of
photos numbers, one out of 15 or 20 photos, is in small letters
(dscn1234.jpg) while the majority of file names are in capital letters
(DSCN1234.JPG).

I have noticed this while troubleshooting a problem I'm having trying to
read a CD in my Toshiba DVD to view my photos on TV. I'm wandering if the
fact that my camera has named a specific photo in small letters could be an
indication of some particular attribute assigned to that specific photo that
could be source of my problem when it comes to display on TV.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Michel Boivin
Cap-Rouge, qc