Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > sony 828 infrared photography

sony 828 infrared photography

someone

for those who have it and had the 717, is the 828 even better for infrared
shooting in real life use? any reason to upgrade from my current 717? also
are existing infrared filters for 717 usable on the 828?

ScorpionKing@attNOSPAM.net

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 09:46:05 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (someone) wrote:

>for those who have it and had the 717, is the 828 even better for

infrared
>shooting in real life use? any reason to upgrade from my current 717?

also
>are existing infrared filters for 717 usable on the 828?

Most reports that I'm reading indicate that the F828 is no better then
the F717 and maybe not as good.

I'm a huge Sony fan and own the S85, F707, and the V1, but the 828
will not be my next camera.
--
Like a game of pick up stick played by ****ing lunatics

Unclaimed Mysteries

someone wrote:

> for those who have it and had the 717, is the 828 even better for infrared
> shooting in real life use? any reason to upgrade from my current 717? also
> are existing infrared filters for 717 usable on the 828?

IFF Sony has enabled a litle more shutter and aperture control when
using the "nightshot" mode, then it's an improvement.

Recall that you're limited to about f2 and 1/60 second in the 7x7
cameras, due to Sony lawyers' concern that the cameras would be used for
those infamous WET-BIKINI-C-THRU-PREVERSIONS.

Of course IR shooters have since overcome some of that nonsense by using
nightshot with IR-pass filters and neutral density filtes to attenuate
the light coming into the dialated eye of the camera. Others have
actually done invasive procedures on the thing, reversing the logic of
the nightshot switch. AIEEEEE!!!

There have been situations in bright summer sunlight where I have wished
for a shorter shutter speed so I could actually remove an ND filter from
the IR stack and try some semi-action shots. A skateboard park here in
scenic Huntsalulu, AL comes to mind. It has a great setting, tucked away
near an interstate exchange, sun coming through at crazy angles,
foilage, skaters flashing up over the lip of the concrete track against
a black sky, etc. Alas, 1/60 sec just won't cut it.

As for the see-through opportunities at the beach, I believe that issue
was quite overblown.

So I'm told. Second-hand, of course. From other people. Not me.

Corry
http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

someone

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:31:56 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) posted:

>On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 09:46:05 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (someone) wrote:
>
>>for those who have it and had the 717, is the 828 even better for

>infrared
>>shooting in real life use? any reason to upgrade from my current 717?

>also
>>are existing infrared filters for 717 usable on the 828?

>Most reports that I'm reading indicate that the F828 is no better then
>the F717 and maybe not as good.
>
>I'm a huge Sony fan and own the S85, F707, and the V1, but the 828
>will not be my next camera.

what are you saving for? I'm aiming for a d100 with a wide angle lens.