Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fast DSLR?

Fast DSLR?

George Preddy

"Gavin Cato" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Oh ok.
>
> Well the D100 won't shoot when the ISO dial is selected, but apart from

that
> it'll shoot in any other mode or menu setting. That is a annoyance, albeit

> small one.
>
> The D1/2 series handle that a lot nicer, hopefully it'll filter down over
> time.

It sounded like the D100 was fine, seems the digitals based on Nikon film
bodies are the non-shoot priority DSLRs (S2 Pro, 14n, and also Pentax *ist).
I like the D100, it's a nice camera, I shot with borrowed one for a short
period of time. I didn't care for all of the ergonomic choices, but it was
much faster to operate than the Canons and I'm sure once you get used to it,
it works very well indeed.

Amazing how light it is for a DSLR, but I'm also used to the SD9. Some like
Nikons, some like Canons, and some, like Bazookas...

http://www.pbase.com/image/24527700/large

George Preddy

"Sam Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Gavin,
>
> Duh. Read the manual. The "ISO dial" (sic) is not a shooting mode,

anymore
> than the "image quality dial", or the "white balance dial" will.
>
> They are SELECTION setting choices, not modes for SHOOTING.

Call up any settings mode, sub mode, or image review mode using a Sigma, hit
the shutter... pow.

Then right back to where you were.

Gavin Cato

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bsls6d$67n$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Amazing how light it is for a DSLR, but I'm also used to the SD9. Some

like
> Nikons, some like Canons, and some, like Bazookas...

You should try lugging my D1h + lenses around! weighs a ton.

George Preddy

"Gavin Cato" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3feec5bc$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bsls6d$67n$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Amazing how light it is for a DSLR, but I'm also used to the SD9. Some

> like
> > Nikons, some like Canons, and some, like Bazookas...

> You should try lugging my D1h + lenses around! weighs a ton.

It's like standing out in the rain. At first you care, but after a point,
it doesn't matter anymore.

Sharon Everett

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 15:44:07 -0800, "Sam Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Thank you Annti, for a completely moronic, uninformed, highly subjective and
>poorly analyzed SUBJECTIVE opinion on the situation. Geez, this Usenet is
>turing into a cesspool for anyone who THINKS they know something about
>anything...

Pot calling a kettle black?

You forgot to bring in the obligatory comparisons to Hitler. (Maybe in
your followup post!).