Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sony DSC P10 (or the DSC P5, DSC P9 or DSC P12)

luke

Does anyone use any of these sony models and have a problem with many photos
coming out slightly blurred?

I have the DSC P10 and I do have a fairly steady hand (unfortunately I do
not possess a tripod) and
it seems many photos appear to be OK in the viewfinder but as soon as you
download them there is often a slight blurring.

I am not on the slow shuter speed and usually use it on a daylight setting

Is there setting or method anyone knows of to help reduce this??????

Luke

JK

Set the ISO mode to 400 for indoor shots. Set the lens to its widest angle.
At wide angle, the lens is f2.8, and it will let through more than three times
as much light as at the max telephoto setting. That will help you get a faster
shutter speed. The shutter speed may still not be fast enough for a photo
that is not blurry unless the room is very well lit or you use a flash or
tripod.
One thing that will help is for you tobrace your arm against a wall or table
when taking the photo. I find that I can get usable images at as slow as around
1/8th of a second where I brace myself against a wall or table, while without
that shutter speeds slower than 1/30th of a second appear blurry. Some
people may need 1/60th of a second or faster shutter speed to get sharp
images. The best idea is to use a larger camera that has a larger lens which
lets more light through. A camera with an ISO 800, or 1600 mode will help
quite a bit in low light situations, especially if it is a digital slr, so the
large
sensor produces images with low noise even at higher iso settings.

luke wrote:

> Does anyone use any of these sony models and have a problem with many photos
> coming out slightly blurred?
>
> I have the DSC P10 and I do have a fairly steady hand (unfortunately I do
> not possess a tripod) and
> it seems many photos appear to be OK in the viewfinder but as soon as you
> download them there is often a slight blurring.
>
> I am not on the slow shuter speed and usually use it on a daylight setting
>
> Is there setting or method anyone knows of to help reduce this??????
>
> Luke

luke

> A camera with an ISO 800, or 1600 mode will help quite a bit in low light
> situations, especially if it is a digital slr, so the large sensor produces
> images with low noise even at higher iso settings.

Thanks for your advice. I have just bought the camera (A sony DSC P10)
and it only goes up to iso 400, but I will have a play with the
settings you suggest and see if that helps

Luke