Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Putting the SD9 "yellow myth" to bed, a follow along RAW demo

Putting the SD9 "yellow myth" to bed, a follow along RAW demo

George Preddy

"Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >Unfortunately, telling me doesn't increase the 1Ds's relatively low RGGB
> >sensor count.
> >

> No such thing as a "RGGB sensor" count either....quit makin' stuff up.
> Each location on a Bayer captures either (R)ed, (G)reen or (B)lue
> light and corresponding luminance...the 1Ds camera has 11MP worth of

1/3rd

> pixels in the image plane and all your twisting and turning won't ever
> change that....

Way too low a full color RGGB sensor count.

George Preddy

"Dave Martindale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bt7bc0$bke$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> >> You pointed to a Google search, not a single web page.

> >Click a result.

> I did. The first search result was a page that pointed out that Sigma's
> advertising claims about being a 10 MP camera were just advertising
> hype,

The 2.76MP 1Ds, its advertised as 11MegaOneThirdPixels.

George Preddy

"Mark Herring" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I've kill-filed George, I've marked all the Sigma threads to ignore,
> but it still comes.

Stay away from the light! Walk away from the light!!

Mark Herring

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 20:05:19 -0500, Bill M
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 06:57:52 +0900, "George Preddy"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>advantage,
>>> >

>>> As you've been told before,

>>Unfortunately, telling me doesn't increase the 1Ds's relatively low RGGB
>>sensor count.
>>

>No such thing as a "RGGB sensor" count either....quit makin' stuff up.
>Each location on a Bayer captures either (R)ed, (G)reen or (B)lue
>light and corresponding luminance...the 1Ds camera has 11MP worth of
>pixels in the image plane and all your twisting and turning won't ever
>change that....

Never try to teach a pig to sing---it wastes your time and annoys the
pig.
**************************
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

Bill M

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 10:29:21 +0900, "George Preddy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>
>> >Unfortunately, telling me doesn't increase the 1Ds's relatively low RGGB
>> >sensor count.
>> >

>> No such thing as a "RGGB sensor" count either....quit makin' stuff up.
>> Each location on a Bayer captures either (R)ed, (G)reen or (B)lue
>> light and corresponding luminance...the 1Ds camera has 11MP worth of

>1/3rd
>
>> pixels in the image plane and all your twisting and turning won't ever
>> change that....

>Way too low a full color RGGB sensor count.

Stop babbling....there is no such thing. Bayers do not have full color
sensors.

Jeff Shoaf

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bt7b6s$10$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Jeff Shoaf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns94656822A886Cjeffshoafalltel.net@63.223.5. 95...
>> "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bt64pc$dmq$1
>> @news1.kornet.net:
>>

>> > You both think wrong.
>> >
>> > I was simply pointing out that the best way to make someone's eyes
>> > glaze over is to start out with, "Let me tell you why I'm better
>> > than you..."
>> >
>> > Classy opening.
>> >

>> That's better than stating your opinion as fact and assuming everyone
>> should agree with you without providing any reason for folks to
>> accept you as an authority.

> It goes without saying that everything said which is "unlinked" to
> some factual reference in this forum is opinion.

And it evidently needs saying that linking to "factual" information that is
marketing hype or articles written by someone with a vested interest in one
technology comparing that technology to another are in no means objective
and should not be considered to be really factual unless validated by
several truely objective, impartial, independent, and knowledgeble sources.

Jeff Shoaf

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bt7nm3$gk5$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Bill M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> >Unfortunately, telling me doesn't increase the 1Ds's relatively low
>> >RGGB sensor count.
>> >

>> No such thing as a "RGGB sensor" count either....quit makin' stuff
>> up. Each location on a Bayer captures either (R)ed, (G)reen or (B)lue
>> light and corresponding luminance...the 1Ds camera has 11MP worth of

> 1/3rd
>
>> pixels in the image plane and all your twisting and turning won't
>> ever change that....

> Way too low a full color RGGB sensor count.

Per George's own comment, this is his non-factual opinion: "It goes without
saying that everything said which is "unlinked" to some factual reference
in this forum is opinion."

Jeff Shoaf

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bt7nnv$gmj$1
@news1.kornet.net:

> "Dave Martindale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bt7bc0$bke$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> >Click a result.

>> I did. The first search result was a page that pointed out that Sigma's
>> advertising claims about being a 10 MP camera were just advertising
>> hype,

> The 2.76MP 1Ds, its advertised as 11MegaOneThirdPixels.

Per this quote from George himself in another thread, this is George's
opinion and a non-factual post.George said, "It goes without saying that
everything said which is "unlinked" to some factual reference in this forum
is opinion."

Mark M

"Jeff Shoaf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9466A6F206EB5jeffshoafalltel.net@63.223.5. 95...
> "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bt7nnv$gmj$1
> @news1.kornet.net:
>

> > "Dave Martindale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bt7bc0$bke$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> I did. The first search result was a page that pointed out that

Sigma's
> >> advertising claims about being a 10 MP camera were just advertising
> >> hype,

> > The 2.76MP 1Ds, its advertised as 11MegaOneThirdPixels.
> >

> Per this quote from George himself in another thread, this is George's
> opinion and a non-factual post.George said, "It goes without saying that
> everything said which is "unlinked" to some factual reference in this

forum
> is opinion."

Not all expressed opinion requires reference links to be effective and
convincing.
There are many posts here which create their own credibility through clear
common sense and experience which is verified through convincing
delineations of processes and factors involved.
George's major problem is that he lacks in too many basics of terminology,
logic, argumentation, and even the most simple facts concerning even his own
gear. What undermines his arguments perhaps more than anything else is,
IMO, his inability to recognize this lack, and his consitent presentation of
the same flawed arguments which remain un-revised in the face of clear
correction by others.

The Black Sheep

"Mark M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Not all expressed opinion requires reference links to be effective

and
> convincing.
> There are many posts here which create their own credibility through

clear
> common sense and experience which is verified through convincing
> delineations of processes and factors involved.
> George's major problem is that he lacks in too many basics of

terminology,
> logic, argumentation, and even the most simple facts concerning even

his own
> gear. What undermines his arguments perhaps more than anything else

is,
> IMO, his inability to recognize this lack, and his consitent

presentation of
> the same flawed arguments which remain un-revised in the face of

clear
> correction by others.

While I agree with you, I would take a step back and suggest that
George's biggest problem is motivation. He needs to "win", have the
last word, feel he has the best equipment, had made the best choice,
etc. To feed this obsession he will sacrifice everything, even
self-respect. Sad, but all too common, behaviour.