Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Lenses for Fuji S602Z

Lenses for Fuji S602Z

Angel

Hi

I know you can get a 1.5 zoom lense for th 602Z, but can I use all the
thousands of other filters / lenses that are out there? Maybe not lenses so
much, but filters, the ones that polarize the sky, gradients, etc. The fuju
lense has a thread on, but according to my local store (some use they were!)
it's not standard and they can't recommend any lenses/filters.

Cheers

Angel

** Pee Cee **

You will have to buy the adapter tube which fits the thread on your lens,
this then gives you a 55mm thread on the other end which you can screw any
filters to.
There is a telephoto kit and a macro kit you can buy that includes the
adapter.
The lens on the 602 is fixed so any accessory lenses have to be fitted in
this way,
hope this helps,
Paul.
"Angel" <Angel@Utopia_SpamMeNot.Uk.Com> wrote in message
news:hqUFb.69$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I know you can get a 1.5 zoom lense for th 602Z, but can I use all the
> thousands of other filters / lenses that are out there? Maybe not lenses

so
> much, but filters, the ones that polarize the sky, gradients, etc. The

fuju
> lense has a thread on, but according to my local store (some use they

were!)
> it's not standard and they can't recommend any lenses/filters.
>
> Cheers
>
> Angel

Faolan

In the writings of Angel, the <hqUFb.69$UI2.82410@newsfep1-
win.server.ntli.net> scrolls contained these prophetic words:

> Hi
>
> I know you can get a 1.5 zoom lense for th 602Z, but can I use all the
> thousands of other filters / lenses that are out there? Maybe not lenses so
> much, but filters, the ones that polarize the sky, gradients, etc. The fuju
> lense has a thread on, but according to my local store (some use they were!)
> it's not standard and they can't recommend any lenses/filters.

As stated above get the Kenko or the Fuji adaptor, then get the 55mm
filters you need. I currently use a Olympus T-Con 017 Telephoto lens
(1.7) and a few filters (polariser, UV filter, and a few others). The
Telephoto doesn't look pretty but it does the job )

you can get a wide angle lens from Olympus as well. For recommendations
head to the DPreview forums and read the multitude of posts on it.
--
Scottish Heritage:
http://www.CelticShadows.co.uk

Chris P in PA

I have a 602..here are the choices
the fuji adapter tube (55mm at teh filter end)
you can also find other 55mm size tubes, or a 52mm tube. i went with a
les set from ebay with 52mm.
no big deal on either size..see www.camerafilters.com.

filtes: many folks use a UV or sky filter ALL THE TIME as it protects
your camera lens. you will need a new lens cap.

you can use a linear polarizer filter or circular. the S602 does not
focus through the lens so either works. putting 2 togehter will give
you a infinitely variable neutral density filter (cuts incoming light
- great for very bright sunny days).

a PL (polarizer) filter is cool - get one!

you can get macro lenses too - usually marked as +1, +2, +4, etc. you
can combine them to get ever greater magnification.

you can get the 1.5 'zoom' lens, and i have seen 2x and 3x as well.
these can be stacked as well (youhave 210mm zoom now, so adding a 1.5
will give you a maximum of 210x 1.5 = 315mm. adding a 2x onto that
gives you 310x2 or 620mm. etc) In theory there is a limit...

you can also bget wide angle lenses - i have seen sizes from
approximately .5 to .8. same math concept as the zoom lenses and macro
lenses.

you can also get adapters to take the 55mm to whatever you need.

I bought cheap lenses to 'play' with. $24.95 and $6 shipping on ebay.
the Fuji adapter sube i more than that i believe, and all it is is a
aluminum tube with threads at both ends! I have seen tubes alone for
as low as $6.95 online (shipping is more than that)

chris

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:08:09 -0000, "Angel"
<Angel@Utopia_SpamMeNot.Uk.Com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I know you can get a 1.5 zoom lense for th 602Z, but can I use all the
>thousands of other filters / lenses that are out there? Maybe not lenses so
>much, but filters, the ones that polarize the sky, gradients, etc. The fuju
>lense has a thread on, but according to my local store (some use they were!)
>it's not standard and they can't recommend any lenses/filters.
>
>Cheers
>
>Angel

S Smith

And in case you're interested... I have a spare, unused lens adapter
which I got for my S602 that I'd be glad to sell for $15 to anyone
interested. I has thought I'd get two and keep one on each lens, but
it turns out it is just easier to keep one on the camera and change
out the filters/lenses I put onto it.
Drop me a line if interested.

Steve

Angel

Some answer!!! I'm UK based and camerafiltes.com don't ship over here
anymore so I need to trek around the stores, online and local to see what I
can do. Thanks for your time on this one. I would be very interested if
you could point me in the right direction for the zoom lenses you mentioned.
A URL? I am a total newbie at this so apologies for the aparent apathy in
looking for this myself. I've tried but get confused about what will fit on
my camera and won't.

One last question Chris - basically, I need an adapter before I can do
anything. What do I ask for, in either laymans terms or techy so the camera
store guy thinks I know what I am on abaout? do I need the fuji adapter
ring, or can I get a standard adapter to take the 602 to accept any 55mm
lense/filter?

"Chris P in PA" <cash4you@nospam_comcast.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a 602..here are the choices
> the fuji adapter tube (55mm at teh filter end)
> you can also find other 55mm size tubes, or a 52mm tube. i went with a
> les set from ebay with 52mm.
> no big deal on either size..see www.camerafilters.com.
>
> filtes: many folks use a UV or sky filter ALL THE TIME as it protects
> your camera lens. you will need a new lens cap.
>
> you can use a linear polarizer filter or circular. the S602 does not
> focus through the lens so either works. putting 2 togehter will give
> you a infinitely variable neutral density filter (cuts incoming light
> - great for very bright sunny days).
>
> a PL (polarizer) filter is cool - get one!
>
> you can get macro lenses too - usually marked as +1, +2, +4, etc. you
> can combine them to get ever greater magnification.
>
> you can get the 1.5 'zoom' lens, and i have seen 2x and 3x as well.
> these can be stacked as well (youhave 210mm zoom now, so adding a 1.5
> will give you a maximum of 210x 1.5 = 315mm. adding a 2x onto that
> gives you 310x2 or 620mm. etc) In theory there is a limit...
>
> you can also bget wide angle lenses - i have seen sizes from
> approximately .5 to .8. same math concept as the zoom lenses and macro
> lenses.
>
> you can also get adapters to take the 55mm to whatever you need.
>
> I bought cheap lenses to 'play' with. $24.95 and $6 shipping on ebay.
> the Fuji adapter sube i more than that i believe, and all it is is a
> aluminum tube with threads at both ends! I have seen tubes alone for
> as low as $6.95 online (shipping is more than that)
>
> chris
>
> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:08:09 -0000, "Angel"
> <Angel@Utopia_SpamMeNot.Uk.Com> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >I know you can get a 1.5 zoom lense for th 602Z, but can I use all the
> >thousands of other filters / lenses that are out there? Maybe not lenses

so
> >much, but filters, the ones that polarize the sky, gradients, etc. The

fuju
> >lense has a thread on, but according to my local store (some use they

were!)
> >it's not standard and they can't recommend any lenses/filters.
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >Angel

George Preddy

"Angel" <Angel@Utopia_SpamMeNot.Uk.Com> wrote in message
news:sqlHb.37079$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Some answer!!! I'm UK based and camerafiltes.com don't ship over here
> anymore so I need to trek around the stores, online and local to see what

> can do. Thanks for your time on this one. I would be very interested if
> you could point me in the right direction for the zoom lenses you

mentioned.
> A URL? I am a total newbie at this so apologies for the aparent apathy in
> looking for this myself. I've tried but get confused about what will fit

on
> my camera and won't.
>
> One last question Chris - basically, I need an adapter before I can do
> anything. What do I ask for, in either laymans terms or techy so the

camera
> store guy thinks I know what I am on abaout? do I need the fuji adapter
> ring, or can I get a standard adapter to take the 602 to accept any 55mm
> lense/filter?

You need a 55/55mm tube.

Angel

Cheers George. You're a popular guy around here and on other forums by the
sounds of it!

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bskltp$j6t$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Angel" <Angel@Utopia_SpamMeNot.Uk.Com> wrote in message
> news:sqlHb.37079$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Some answer!!! I'm UK based and camerafiltes.com don't ship over here
> > anymore so I need to trek around the stores, online and local to see

what
> > can do. Thanks for your time on this one. I would be very interested

if
> > you could point me in the right direction for the zoom lenses you

> mentioned.
> > A URL? I am a total newbie at this so apologies for the aparent apathy

in
> > looking for this myself. I've tried but get confused about what will

fit
> on
> > my camera and won't.
> >
> > One last question Chris - basically, I need an adapter before I can do
> > anything. What do I ask for, in either laymans terms or techy so the

> camera
> > store guy thinks I know what I am on abaout? do I need the fuji adapter
> > ring, or can I get a standard adapter to take the 602 to accept any 55mm
> > lense/filter?

> You need a 55/55mm tube.

George Preddy

"Angel" <Angel@Utopia_SpamMeNot.Uk.Com> wrote in message
news:8DmHb.313$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cheers George. You're a popular guy around here and on other forums by

the
> sounds of it!

Don't post anywhere else. Cheers back at you!