Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > convert quicktime to wma?

convert quicktime to wma?

SchnauzerDad

My Olympus c5060 takes short video clips in Quicktime format. My kids just
gave me a DVD player that can show jpg and wma files. Does anyone know of a
way to change the quicktime files to wma so I can burn them on a disk that
will be viewable on the DVD player? Jpg's work fine.
Thanks!
chas

agent yelow

SchnauzerDad wrote:
> My Olympus c5060 takes short video clips in Quicktime format. My kids just
> gave me a DVD player that can show jpg and wma files. Does anyone know of a
> way to change the quicktime files to wma so I can burn them on a disk that
> will be viewable on the DVD player? Jpg's work fine.
> Thanks!
> chas

quicktime itself can sometimes convert to other formats like mpeg2.

Ken Weitzel

Hi...

What exactly is it that you're trying to do again?
(the .jpg and .wma has me confused - but that's not
hard to do

Anyway, I convert the .mov's to .avi's and they
work just fine for us.

Take care.

Ken

SchnauzerDad wrote:
> My Olympus c5060 takes short video clips in Quicktime format. My kids just
> gave me a DVD player that can show jpg and wma files. Does anyone know of a
> way to change the quicktime files to wma so I can burn them on a disk that
> will be viewable on the DVD player? Jpg's work fine.
> Thanks!
> chas

Chris Quinn

wma is Windows Media Audio format - ie sound, not vision, so it wouldn't be
a good idea to convert your movies to this format.

JPG's are still images, so again not a good idea.

What you need is a Video authoring program, such as Ulead Video Studio,
Adobe Premiere (v pricey) or one that comes with CD writing software such as
Roxio or Nero, to create a VCD or SVCD disk, or DVD format if you have a DVD
writer.

"SchnauzerDad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SmQFb.372036$(E-Mail Removed) .net...
> My Olympus c5060 takes short video clips in Quicktime format. My kids just
> gave me a DVD player that can show jpg and wma files. Does anyone know of

> way to change the quicktime files to wma so I can burn them on a disk that
> will be viewable on the DVD player? Jpg's work fine.
> Thanks!
> chas

Firefox 0.8 insists on Quicktime for MPG files Noozer Firefox 7 12-14-2007 09:41 PM
QuickTime plugin gadge Firefox 1 04-10-2005 08:56 PM
Quicktime bar Zingaro Firefox 3 03-01-2005 07:47 AM
Firefox and Quicktime Spike Firefox 7 12-02-2004 01:35 AM
Mozilla, Quicktime, and file extensions Matt O'Toole Firefox 0 12-07-2003 08:47 PM

Advertisments