Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > No one speaks english anymore??

No one speaks english anymore??

zbzbzb

>> At least the Americans look after their own, or do they, Is it cheap labour
>> wage slaves in India and the Hispanics in America that caused them to do
>> what they end up doing?!
>>
>> MikeS

>I don't know where you got that. We are starting to move tech support
>over to India as well. AFAIK 100% of Dell's level 1 support is now in
>India.
>
>Eric

Dell abandoned most of their tech support from India recently. I'm sure others
will follow too. I mean if you can't understand the person trying to help you
then what's the point?

zbzbzb

>The same thing is happening in the states too, ask Michael Moore.
>

>--
> Paul.

Yes I'm sure he's an authority on the issue.

zbzbzb

>Well, where to start?
>
>1. Yes, you have a point. We're a great melting pot.
>Personally, I don't get upset at all the different cultures, but it is
>disturbing that our laws and customs are inconsistent. Witness the
>driver's license issue in CA.

I agree. Many California laws, or lack of them, for example, encourage illegal
immigration. It's a joke. The drivers license issue was a perfect example of
that.

>2. Doesn't the same thing happen in a lot of big cities around
>the world?

Does it?

>3. Admire your comment about learning the language if you moved
>somewhere else. Most Americans do not have that attitude.

I think that's wrong. Most reasonable people if permanently moving to another
country with another language will want to learn the language. The motivation
to make such a drastic change to ones life usually includes the willingness to
at least learn the language. In that sense I don't think Americans are any more
unreasonable than people from any other country.

>4. Dubya speaks English??---Not anytime I heard him speak.

Maybe not to your satisfaction but there are people who would think the same of
your english.

>5. Finally, please be aware that your written English is not that
>great. You have one big run-on paragraph, plus some very clumsy
>sentence structures and grammatical errors. You might want to
>consider getting your own house in order.
>**************************
>Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.

Did you understand him? Most people when they post to a newsgroup are not
concerned about sentence structure and grammatical errors as if they were doing
a school assignment. He was also talking about understanding someones spoken
english, not their sentence structure.

zbzbzb

>I presume by your logic that you should fit in with the people of the land
>that you are moving to that you speak Arapaho or Apache?

If he moved onto an Apache reservation then sure, why not?

JIM

"Charlie Self" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> JIM writes:
>

> >Back on topic, maybe it gives something for photogs to do, photograph the
> >assembly steps for the products so the manuals can be reduced in size by
> >eliminating the need for any language??

> You need to check out some manuals. They are already full of photos in

most
> cases, drawings in others.

Not being much of an innovator, my post about photo instructions was gleaned
from having just assembled one of those Christmas 'erector' sets utilizing
photo instructions with not the first printed word Complaint to this
manufacturer would be to flesh out at least one photo showing the pressing
of two parts together by hand pressure only, by adding a pic of a hammer -
'cause, even Arnold would have blown a gasket trying to get this boy to pop
in - It went fine with a quick rap with a small 5 lb sledgehammer!

The photo instructions not only aid the language challenged but possibly the
college graduated illiterate as well - that is if he/she thinks to read, uh
look at the instructions before attempting assembly. Something many in this
newsgroup would benefit from before asking where the "on" switch, etc., is
located...........

Jim

zbzbzb

>I see prejudice in your posting.

Where in his post is there any sign of him being "prejudice??"

Donald Gray

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 00:12:26 -0500, "Michael"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ok, since a lot of people abroad from America probably read this group I'm
>going to post it here and hopefully get some good feedback.

WTF has this got to do with r.p.d?

--
Donald Gray
www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

Paul Heslop

zbzbzb wrote:

> >The same thing is happening in the states too, ask Michael Moore.
> >

> >--
> > Paul.

> Yes I'm sure he's an authority on the issue.

More so than I am.

--
Paul.
to look at

Paul Heslop

Andy Blanchard wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:50:55 GMT, Paul Heslop
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Michael wrote:
> >and you forgot to ask whether they sold digital cameras?

> He probably asked about a digital camera, or an accessory for one, but
> didn't understand the replies:
>
> Michael: "Is this lens any good?"
> Manuel: "Eeesa Seegma."
> Michael: "Pardon?"
> Manuel: "Eeee-saaa Seeeeg-maaa."
>
> Andy

:O) You'll have to excuse him, he's from Barcelona.

--
Paul.
to look at
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Journalist-North

"Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andy Blanchard wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:50:55 GMT, Paul Heslop
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >Michael wrote:
> > >and you forgot to ask whether they sold digital cameras?

> > He probably asked about a digital camera, or an accessory for one, but
> > didn't understand the replies:
> >
> > Michael: "Is this lens any good?"
> > Manuel: "Eeesa Seegma."
> > Michael: "Pardon?"
> > Manuel: "Eeee-saaa Seeeeg-maaa."
> >
> > Andy

> :O) You'll have to excuse him, he's from Barcelona.
>
> Paul.

--------

¿Qué? Pienso que usted necesita escribir con cartas grandes y escribir a
máquina más lento.

LOL

Journalist = One who reads, writes and speaks 5 languages...all badly...and
all with a New York accent...but at least I try.