Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > No one speaks english anymore??

No one speaks english anymore??

Eric Witte

> At least the Americans look after their own, or do they, Is it cheap labour
> wage slaves in India and the Hispanics in America that caused them to do
> what they end up doing?!
>
> MikeS

I don't know where you got that. We are starting to move tech support
over to India as well. AFAIK 100% of Dell's level 1 support is now in
India.

Eric

Paul Heslop

Mike wrote:

> "Frank van der Pol" <frank@_remove.this_digitalefotografie.com> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Michael schreef in bericht <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> >
> > > Let me ask...is it appropriate for people that do not speak
> > > the English language correctly to insult or be arrogant to some one that
> > > does in an English speaking country?

> > Let me ask... do they teach people in the US to use paragraphs in
> > their text?
> >

> Frank,
> Come to little old England our customer services in banking, insurance and
> telephone companies are mainly, or soon going to be, in India.
>
> Where they speak pucker English ( sounds like Welsh accent). The trouble
> with this is, they are probably better educated that the people they serve.
>
> They are mainly university graduates and the money they earn is better that
> the indigenous work available locally can pay, but its cheaper for our
> industries to do this and soon nobody will be working in England.
>
> I feel sorry for them and us as we cant get past them to talk to management
> in England and they will have to answer the phone to irate people thousands
> of miles away all day every day until they retire.
>
> At least the Americans look after their own, or do they, Is it cheap labour
> wage slaves in India and the Hispanics in America that caused them to do
> what they end up doing?!
>
> MikeS

The same thing is happening in the states too, ask Michael Moore.

--
Paul.
to look at

Eric Witte

> In some, it already IS the official language. In Texas, the law
> requires printing in Spanish, but it does NOT require printing in
> English.... Children are REQUIRED to learn Spanish in school, Spanish
> speaking children are NOT rquired to learn English. So what does that
> tell you?

If you go to school English is the primary language. They just have
to also print in Spanish to be "fair". I still do not think the US
has claimed an Official Language though. English is just an
unofficial official language.

Eric

Paul Heslop

Michael wrote:

> Having different cultured people here from other countries is not what
> bothers me. I indicated this in my original post. It's the fact that I get
> an arrogant attitude and treated badly because I can't understand their
> native language.

And what do people from other cultures not speaking english have to do with
photography?

--

"Alan D-W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bs8un5$ao7lu$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>...
> "Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ok, since a lot of people abroad from America probably read this group I'm
> > going to post it here and hopefully get some good feedback. I was born and

> Que? No comprende.
>
> What the hell has this rant got to do with digital photography please?
>
> These days society is multicultural, live with it. It's not only America,
> it's here in the UK too. It's everywhere.

Should it count as Spanish if you leave the accents out? I just got
an email from someone that was talking about one thing but the meaning
of the word she actually used was "breast."

Eric

Eric Witte

> please pick up some garbage he had just thrown onto the pavement and the
> parents went ballistic on him accusing him of being prejudice and saying that
> the only reason he had said that to them was because they were Mexican! This
> poor guy, who didn't have a prejudice bone in his body, was flabbergasted.
> Again, I wasn't surprised at all.

It would have been hilarious if he told the off in Spanish. I would
of phrased it more like "I don't think that crap belongs there." I'll
say it to everyone though, especially people throwing their cigarettes
out the window.

Eric

Charlie Self

Ron Hunter writes:

>Some do, some don't. Some even refuse to use capitals, and punctuation.
> Ever read anything by James Joyce?

A lot. None of it twice.

Charlie Self

"Man is a reasoning rather than a reasonable animal."
Alexander Hamilton

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html

Michael

It doesn't matter. Just because the topic is photography doesn't mean we
can't ever talk about some thing else. Many people responded with some good
information and their ideas about the whole thing. It was interesting
reading. Also, don't blame me because you read some thing that didn't have
anything to do with photography. I made sure my subject in the original post
was accurate and you still read it. Not my fault, sorry.

"Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Michael wrote:
>

> > Having different cultured people here from other countries is not

what
> > bothers me. I indicated this in my original post. It's the fact that I

get
> > an arrogant attitude and treated badly because I can't understand their
> > native language.
> >

> And what do people from other cultures not speaking english have to do

with
> photography?
>

> --
> Paul.
> to look at
> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Charlie Self

Eric Witte notes:

>If you go to school English is the primary language. They just have
>to also print in Spanish to be "fair". I still do not think the US
>has claimed an Official Language though. English is just an
>unofficial official language.

'to be fair." Maybe we should have been fair to the influx of Italians, Scots,
Irish, Swedes, Danes, Germans, et al who helped settle the country without ANY
help from the government.

Charlie Self

"Man is a reasoning rather than a reasonable animal."
Alexander Hamilton

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html

Chris Quinn

I presume by your logic that you should fit in with the people of the land
that you are moving to that you speak Arapaho or Apache?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I wrote that last post in about 3 minutes. I type faster then most
> people speak. My grammar was sloppy, but I didn't need to be correct to

get
> my point across.
>
> I also heard that a Cuban refugee once steps foot on American soil

get's
> asylum here, $5000 and free healthcare. If this is true, I want some of

that
> action. When I was born, I didn't get free money and healthcare. My

parents