Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak DX4900 iso settings

Kodak DX4900 iso settings

Conrad Weiler

Hi,

The Kodak DX4900 offers four ISO settings -- auto, 100, 200, 400. Auto is the
default and if you choose one of the others (i.e. 400) -- it reverts back to
auto after turning the camera off. Is there a way to set the ISO default to
something other than auto?

Thanks,

Conrad
Conrad Weiler
Camp Sherman, Oregon

default name

From what I can tell, not likly. These have limited controls to begin with,
much less customizable ISO settings.

Mike T

Rotate the dial to the setting tab (the one with the Check Mark). Cursor
down to the "Reset User Settings" option on the screen. Then select no. If
yes is selected everything you changed will be reset to default after every
power cycle. If NO is selected, then your setting changes are retained
after ever power cycle.

Mike T

"Conrad Weiler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> The Kodak DX4900 offers four ISO settings -- auto, 100, 200, 400. Auto is

the
> default and if you choose one of the others (i.e. 400) -- it reverts back

> auto after turning the camera off. Is there a way to set the ISO default

> something other than auto?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Conrad
> Conrad Weiler
> Camp Sherman, Oregon

Ron Hunter

Mike T wrote:

> Rotate the dial to the setting tab (the one with the Check Mark). Cursor
> down to the "Reset User Settings" option on the screen. Then select no. If
> yes is selected everything you changed will be reset to default after every
> power cycle. If NO is selected, then your setting changes are retained
> after ever power cycle.
>
> Mike T
>
> "Conrad Weiler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>The Kodak DX4900 offers four ISO settings -- auto, 100, 200, 400. Auto is

> the
>
>>default and if you choose one of the others (i.e. 400) -- it reverts back

>>auto after turning the camera off. Is there a way to set the ISO default

>>something other than auto?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Conrad
>>Conrad Weiler
>>Camp Sherman, Oregon

Let me guess, that was in the manual.
Right?

Shaun Lowe

Yes it probably was in the manual... I didn't read mine either.
I had a DX3900, basically the same firmware, what Mike T
said works just fine. Your settings are saved when you turn
the camera back on.

Regards,

Shaun Lowe
http://www.pbase.com/shaun

RKHenry

"Conrad Weiler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> The Kodak DX4900 offers four ISO settings -- auto, 100, 200, 400. Auto is

the
> default and if you choose one of the others (i.e. 400) -- it reverts back

> auto after turning the camera off. Is there a way to set the ISO default

> something other than auto?

Turn the camera to "user settings" (the knob on top) and scroll down the
menu to the item "Reset user setting". It defaults to "Yes" but if you set
it to "No" then settings like ISO will not reset when you turn the power
off.

One possible down side is that it also doesn't reset many other settings
like the focal length or the state of the flash setting.

Another use of this feature, if you're taking pictures someplace where flash
pictures are prohibited. You can turn off the flash and it will stay turned
off even though the camera power might be cycled off and back on.

RK Henry