Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > CPAN ncftp problem

CPAN ncftp problem

krigare

CPAN 1.76
ncftp 3.1.7
Redhat 9

I am behind a firewall.
I do have ncftp configured to handle the firewall settings. In fact I
can manually (from the command line) do:
#> ncftpget ftp.sedl.org/pub/mirrors/CPAN/MIRRORED.BY
(The above command works fine)

But when running cpan, ncftpget displays the usage info page, as if it
is getting the wrong flags or parameters or as if you did an
#> ncftpget -h
(this will display the usage info and that is what CPAN is getting)

I do have CPAN working fine on Solaris 8, with ncftp 3.1.6. So I know it
can work, but for some reason on the RedHat server it will not.

Any suggestions?

TIA!!

Forcing CPAN to ncftp?? Dan Rawson Perl Misc 0 05-10-2007 11:49 AM
ncftp Andrew NZ Computing 2 02-27-2006 12:16 AM
Is there a better way to search CPAN than search.cpan.org? usenet@DavidFilmer.com Perl Misc 5 10-12-2005 04:50 AM
Upgrading to CPAN.pm v1.76 install Bundle::CPAN fails carl d. Perl Misc 1 05-10-2005 09:35 PM
perl Net::FTP vs Ncftp passive mode justme Perl Misc 0 04-18-2005 03:02 PM

Advertisments