Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photoshop LE question

Photoshop LE question

StuartB54

I recently purchased a Canon camera that came with Photoshop LE v.5. Can any
one tell me how significant the differences are between LEv.5 and the current
version of Photoshop elements?

TIA

Don Coon

"StuartB54" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently purchased a Canon camera that came with Photoshop LE v.5. Can

any
> one tell me how significant the differences are between LEv.5 and the

current
> version of Photoshop elements?

No comparison. PS LE is nice but lacks one very important yet critical
function --- UNDO levels. I went from LE to Elements and initially
complained about the lack of the Curves tool. After I figured out how to
use Levels to do most of what Curves does, I found Elements to be the much
better product.

Grant Dixon

Don if you like curves there are many places that give work around for this
Paul Shipley has a free unlock he has figured a way to reactivate Adobe's
curves in elements.

http://member.melbpc.org.au/~pshipley/Download.htm

Grant

"Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message

"StuartB54" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently purchased a Canon camera that came with Photoshop LE v.5. Can

any
> one tell me how significant the differences are between LEv.5 and the

current
> version of Photoshop elements?

No comparison. PS LE is nice but lacks one very important yet critical
function --- UNDO levels. I went from LE to Elements and initially
complained about the lack of the Curves tool. After I figured out how to
use Levels to do most of what Curves does, I found Elements to be the much
better product.

HRosita

Hi,

Like the difference between a 3.2 MP Point and Shoot camera and the Canon 10D.

Kidding aside, Photoshop LE is very good to whet your appetite and want to buy
the full blown Photoshop.

It is fine for a starter.
Rosita

Don Coon

Too late ; ) I upgraded from Elements to PS CS for $300. Great upgrade.

"Grant Dixon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cOuFb.50472$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Don if you like curves there are many places that give work around for

this
> Paul Shipley has a free unlock he has figured a way to reactivate Adobe's
> curves in elements.
>
> http://member.melbpc.org.au/~pshipley/Download.htm
>
> Grant
>

> "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message
>
> "StuartB54" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I recently purchased a Canon camera that came with Photoshop LE v.5. Can

> any
> > one tell me how significant the differences are between LEv.5 and the

> current
> > version of Photoshop elements?

> No comparison. PS LE is nice but lacks one very important yet critical
> function --- UNDO levels. I went from LE to Elements and initially
> complained about the lack of the Curves tool. After I figured out how to
> use Levels to do most of what Curves does, I found Elements to be the much
> better product.

Don Coon

"HRosita" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Like the difference between a 3.2 MP Point and Shoot camera and the Canon

10D.

> Kidding aside, Photoshop LE is very good to whet your appetite and want to

buy
> the full blown Photoshop.
>
> It is fine for a starter.
> Rosita

That was my path: LE to Elements to PS CS : )

Jim Waggener

> Too late ; ) I upgraded from Elements to PS CS for $300. Great upgrade.

Don,

Do they send you the full-blown edition or an upgrade edition, where it says
"Upgrade" on the box?

Don Coon

"Jim Waggener" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message
> > Too late ; ) I upgraded from Elements to PS CS for $300. Great upgrade.

> Don,
>
> Do they send you the full-blown edition or an upgrade edition, where it

says
> "Upgrade" on the box?

Full version.

PhotoMan

> "HRosita" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Like the difference between a 3.2 MP Point and Shoot camera and the

Canon
> 10D.
> >
> > Kidding aside, Photoshop LE is very good to whet your appetite and want

> buy
> > the full blown Photoshop.
> >
> > It is fine for a starter.
> > Rosita

> That was my path: LE to Elements to PS CS : )

On the Adobe website they state there is no upgrade available from Elements
to CS. How'd yoo do dat?
Joe Arnold

Don Coon

"PhotoMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fjKFb.35912$(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "HRosita" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Like the difference between a 3.2 MP Point and Shoot camera and the

> Canon
> > 10D.
> > >
> > > Kidding aside, Photoshop LE is very good to whet your appetite and

want
> > buy
> > > the full blown Photoshop.
> > >
> > > It is fine for a starter.
> > > Rosita

> > That was my path: LE to Elements to PS CS : )

> On the Adobe website they state there is no upgrade available from

Elements
> to CS. How'd yoo do dat?
> Joe Arnold

I called an Adobe CSR and told him I heard there was a $299 upgrade from
Elements bundled with a 10D. He agreed and began processing the order --- at
which point I remembered that I gave the 10D copy away since I had purchased
the full copy. I mentioned this to the CSR and he had no problem giving me
the upgrade -- acting like any copy of Elements was eligible. If you go
this route, I'd register it first so you're copy is in their records. He
looked mine up and said "oh, I found it." For whatever that's worth.

I've heard of several other people getting the same upgrade price.

Do a http://groups.google.com/
search on Elements PhotoShop $299 and you'll numerous posts and ways
to get the upgrade.

Good Luck!