Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > EVF and LCD VF on Fuji S5000

EVF and LCD VF on Fuji S5000

Dan

I was in Sears (of all places) checking out the Fuji S5000. I noticed that
the image in both the EVF and LCD viewfinders was not very clear. Of
course, the sales droids were busy, so I did not bother to ask them about
it. I am guessing that this condition is not the norm. Besides a defective
camera, are there any settings that could be messed up? I wanted to put my
hands on one before I went online to buy it. None of the reviews that I
have read have mention this issue with the viewfinders. I guess that it's
also possible the camera was just out of focus.

Thanks!

-=Plane Mad=-

The S5000 has a dioptre adjustment dial to the left hand side of the
viewfinder, this had probably been moved or played with by somebody who
looked at the camera before you, causing the image to appear out of focus.

HTH

Andy McQuat
-=Plane Mad=-

> I was in Sears (of all places) checking out the Fuji S5000. I noticed

that
> the image in both the EVF and LCD viewfinders was not very clear. Of
> course, the sales droids were busy, so I did not bother to ask them about
> it. I am guessing that this condition is not the norm. Besides a

defective
> camera, are there any settings that could be messed up? I wanted to put

my
> hands on one before I went online to buy it. None of the reviews that I
> have read have mention this issue with the viewfinders. I guess that it's
> also possible the camera was just out of focus.
>
> Thanks!

Larry Lynch

In article <jCmFb.107759$8y1.328447@attbi_s52>,
> I was in Sears (of all places) checking out the Fuji S5000. I noticed that
> the image in both the EVF and LCD viewfinders was not very clear. Of
> course, the sales droids were busy, so I did not bother to ask them about
> it. I am guessing that this condition is not the norm. Besides a defective
> camera, are there any settings that could be messed up? I wanted to put my
> hands on one before I went online to buy it. None of the reviews that I
> have read have mention this issue with the viewfinders. I guess that it's
> also possible the camera was just out of focus.
>
> Thanks!

With a slight button push, the S5000 can be put into
manual focus mode, and if you dont know which buttons to
push to focus it, the view will be incurably fuzzy.

pick up the camera holding it right-side up with the
lens facing away from you and look for the little tiny
button on the left side top. That button (when the
locking switch next to it is slid forward) will cycle
the camera through its focus modes. C-AF is what comes
on screen for Constant auto focus. (camera focuses
WITHOUT the shutter-button being touched)
--
Larry Lynch
Lasting Imagery

Larry Lynch

In article <bs4uur$d78$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> The S5000 has a dioptre adjustment dial to the left hand side of the
> viewfinder, this had probably been moved or played with by somebody who
> looked at the camera before you, causing the image to appear out of focus.
>
> HTH
>
> Andy McQuat
> -=Plane Mad=-

The OP said it was out of focus on BOTH view-finder AND
LCD screen. That would mean Manual focus mode, or a
broken camera.
--
Larry Lynch
Lasting Imagery