Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Setting paper size in Kodak EasyShare

Setting paper size in Kodak EasyShare

Simon Caldwell

I'm using Kodak UPP paper size 5x7 inches.
The instructions say that to print, I should first choose 5x7 (or
13x18 cm) from the paper size list.
However, I don't get this option, only US letter, A4, A5, and Legal.

Any clues what I should do? If been using the usual trial-and-error
technique but this is costing me a lot in wasted paper!

It's a Canon S450 printer if that makes any difference.

TIA

Simon

gudgeon

"Simon Caldwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm using Kodak UPP paper size 5x7 inches.
> The instructions say that to print, I should first choose 5x7 (or
> 13x18 cm) from the paper size list.
> However, I don't get this option, only US letter, A4, A5, and Legal.
>[snippety]

A5 is half A4 (foolscap) size -- about 6 3/4in by 4 3/4in.

William Jackson

The software asks the printer about the available paper sizes and only
displays those that the printer says are available. Somehow the printer is
telling EasyShare software that 5x7 is not available. Perhaps the printer
is installed incorrectly?

This is strange though, if the printer accepts 8x11 it shoudl certainly
accept 5x7.

"Simon Caldwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm using Kodak UPP paper size 5x7 inches.
> The instructions say that to print, I should first choose 5x7 (or
> 13x18 cm) from the paper size list.
> However, I don't get this option, only US letter, A4, A5, and Legal.
>
> Any clues what I should do? If been using the usual trial-and-error
> technique but this is costing me a lot in wasted paper!
>
> It's a Canon S450 printer if that makes any difference.
>
> TIA
>
> Simon

Peter James

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:12:40 +0000, Simon Caldwell
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm using Kodak UPP paper size 5x7 inches.
>The instructions say that to print, I should first choose 5x7 (or
>13x18 cm) from the paper size list.
>However, I don't get this option, only US letter, A4, A5, and Legal.
>
>Any clues what I should do? If been using the usual trial-and-error
>technique but this is costing me a lot in wasted paper!
>
>It's a Canon S450 printer if that makes any difference.
>
>TIA
>
>Simon

Does the software offer a "Custom" size. If so, you can specify
whatever size of paper you want.

--

Peter James
Change AT to @ to reply

daleok

I ran into the same problem with my printer which is an I550. Check the
paper settings for the printer. When you change it to 4X6 or whatever you
need, it will then show up in the EasyShare program.