Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > A fair Price for a D30..

A fair Price for a D30..

bill

I have a chance to buy a Canon D30 body, and I believe it comes with
charger and assessories, no lenses....I believe that it is in excellent
shape, as it was used in an opthamologist office. What should be a decent
price for this camera?..any info would be appreciated...Bill

Don Coon

Check on Ebay for completed sales. They seem to be at or below $600. A
couple went for $700 but included extras -- one a 28-105mm and 128MB CF
card -- the other a camera bag large enough to hold two cameras.

"bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I have a chance to buy a Canon D30 body, and I believe it comes with
> charger and assessories, no lenses....I believe that it is in excellent
> shape, as it was used in an opthamologist office. What should be a decent
> price for this camera?..any info would be appreciated...Bill

Bob Hatch

"bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I have a chance to buy a Canon D30 body, and I believe it comes with
> charger and assessories, no lenses....I believe that it is in excellent
> shape, as it was used in an opthamologist office. What should be a decent
> price for this camera?..any info would be appreciated...Bill

I sold one in Sept to a friend so I kind of gave them a good deal. D30 body
plus all accessories that came with the camera, 28-135 USM lens (Non IS),
192 mb CF card and a small pelican case. $700.00. My guess would be in the
$600 to $700 range.

--
"Secular nations have one thing in common -- mass graves, and
the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter

GAH

If you're going to spend $700 as some are suggesting, spend the extra
$100-$200 and get a Digital Rebel ($899 body, $999 with basic lens kit).

Greg

"bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I have a chance to buy a Canon D30 body, and I believe it comes with
> charger and assessories, no lenses....I believe that it is in excellent
> shape, as it was used in an opthamologist office. What should be a decent
> price for this camera?..any info would be appreciated...Bill

PlaneGuy

Its not as straightforward as that. Each camera has its advantages and
disadvantages.

The most obvious advantage to the 300D, is the newer sensor. It has twice
the pixels, lower noise, better colour balance, better white baance. The
300D also has much better AF (though not selectable), is lighter and
smaller, and is compatible with the EF-S lens.

However, the D30 has the adavantage in a few other areas. Firstly it has
selectable AF (though I think the speed and accuracy improvement outweighs
this). It lets you map AF from the shutter button to the back of the camera,
to let you take full advantage of Full Time Manual Focus. It has custom
functions, so you can do things like have second curtain flash. Some people
like the heavier, sturdier body of the D30 better than the 300D. You can do
Flash Exposure Compensation on the D30. I am sure that there are quite a few
others out there too. You should read up on both cameras at dpreview.com
(and other sites).

So basically it comes down to whether you need the extra features of the D30
more than the better sensor and AF of the 300D (and can't afford the 10D or
other brands alternatives)

Scott Ranger

Having owned a D30 and now a 10D and have extensively used a 300D, I agree.
The D30 is still an incredible camera, and even though the 300D is
well-built, the D30 is has a stronger body and is better built.
Scott

> So basically it comes down to whether you need the extra features of the

D30
> more than the better sensor and AF of the 300D (and can't afford the 10D

or
> other brands alternatives)

PlaneGuy

I still own a D30, and am loving it. I can't see myself upgrading for 2
generations (unless I drop the camera).

However, maybe I should suggest that a fair price is $2500, so that in 3-4
years when I want to sell, I will still be able to get a good price

stacey

PlaneGuy wrote:

> I still own a D30, and am loving it. I can't see myself upgrading for 2
> generations (unless I drop the camera).
>
> However, maybe I should suggest that a fair price is $2500, so that in 3-4
> years when I want to sell, I will still be able to get a good price

Nah, in 2-3 years it will be worth about $25.

--

Stacey

Patrick L.

"GAH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kp6Fb.6665$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> If you're going to spend $700 as some are suggesting, spend the extra
> $100-$200 and get a Digital Rebel ($899 body, $999 with basic lens kit).
>

> Greg

Remember, the digiRebel does not have flash compensation, and for that
reason, I won't buy it. Most probably won't be needing it, but I do.

Patrick

Don Coon

"Patrick L." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:IYkFb.13736$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...

> "GAH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kp6Fb.6665$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> > If you're going to spend $700 as some are suggesting, spend the extra
> > $100-$200 and get a Digital Rebel ($899 body, $999 with basic lens kit).
> >

> > Greg
> >

> Remember, the digiRebel does not have flash compensation, and for that
> reason, I won't buy it. Most probably won't be needing it, but I do.
>

> Patrick

There's always the D60 for $700 to $900 on Ebay. Price difference may be
worth it for the extra 3MP.

What's a fair price? jmc Digital Photography 7 11-16-2007 04:18 AM
fair market price for S1 pro ed.msgs@gmail.com Digital Photography 2 09-27-2007 08:49 AM
Fair Price? Flair HTML 3 02-14-2007 08:47 AM
What is a Fair price for a used Nikon D100? Bryan O. Fenstermacher Digital Photography 23 06-09-2005 02:26 AM
a fair price for an IPAQ 4350 PAUL NZ Computing 1 02-14-2005 08:24 PM

Advertisments