Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Blinding Flash?

Blinding Flash?

Juan R. Pollo

"CameraBoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KVcFb.22793$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Everybody seems to have taken it in the humour intended (see FredBillie's
> post) but for some reason Juan took offence. I wasn't being offencive, I
> wasn't really intent on wasting peoples time, if the consensus of the

group
> is that the odd post that is not meant seriously is 'bad' then this is a

sad
> world we live in, or a sad bunch of people who subscribe to this group.

> don't intend to make a habit of it anyway, I've been here for a while and
> this is the first 'stupid' post I've made.

Hey, no offense taken. I was simply pointing out the flaws in your post. A
good troll has to make his posts believable.

To be honest, I was going to make reference to a really stupid shot and
backed off because I don't want to underestimate the "naivete" of some
readers. The last thing I want is for someone to get hurt because of
something I said.

And from the responses it seems that quite a few people believed your post.

Juan

A Little Bit

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 18:52:54 -0000, "CameraBoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have been trying to take self portraits with a Sony Sureshot. I want a
> close up of my left eye. I have set the macro on and hold the camera, lens
> about 3 inches away pointing right into the centre of my eye but I
> instintively blink when the flash goes off and ruin the shot. It then takes
> me over half an hour or so to clear my vision. I have tried using my left
> eye whilst the right one clears but again, still blink, leaving me blind for
> a good 30 minutes.
>
> Does anybody know of a way I can get a good shot of my own eye without
> blinking?

Botox your eye.

Robert E. Williams

CameraBoy wrote:

> I have been trying to take self portraits with a Sony Sureshot. I want a
> close up of my left eye. I have set the macro on and hold the camera, lens
> about 3 inches away pointing right into the centre of my eye but I
> instintively blink when the flash goes off and ruin the shot. It then takes
> me over half an hour or so to clear my vision. I have tried using my left
> eye whilst the right one clears but again, still blink, leaving me blind for
> a good 30 minutes.
>
> Does anybody know of a way I can get a good shot of my own eye without
> blinking?

You know, of course, that Sony does not make a Sureshot camera.
Canon makes a Sureshot FILM camera and a Powershot Digital camera.
Sony makes the Cyber-shot series.
Close.....But no cigar.
Bob Williams

CameraBoy

"Juan R. Pollo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:L3rFb.508441$(E-Mail Removed)...

<snip>

> Hey, no offense taken. I was simply pointing out the flaws in your post. A
> good troll has to make his posts believable.
>
> To be honest, I was going to make reference to a really stupid shot and
> backed off because I don't want to underestimate the "naivete" of some
> readers. The last thing I want is for someone to get hurt because of
> something I said.
>
> And from the responses it seems that quite a few people believed your

post.

> Juan

Juan

Apologies for the flame - I am used to getting hammered by know-it-alls on
the computer forums, having a go a people because they think we 'uneducated'
shouldn't ask questions that they know the answer too. What's the point of
a forum if you are meant to know the answers? This site was a relief as I
have seen very little slagging off by anyone. I can't believe the mileage
this post has had. Thanks for your post in response to mine, you could have
gone totally the other way and I would not have blamed you. I have never
come across the term troll either but it's a good one and if that's what I
am.....

All the best