Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > what photo software shows properties/specs of the image and setting the

what photo software shows properties/specs of the image and setting the

Howard

in the dim recesses of my mind, I think I remember using some software that
showed the aperture/shutter/flash and so on of the image.

I have corel 8 and 10
photoshop 7
Irfanview
Picture window 3.1

I cannot find the link to get the above mentioned data .......

I can get most of the data on the photo from the above listed software, but
not the settings the camera used

camera is a Kodak DX 4900 digital zoom

In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!

Julie

Try Photoshop Elements 2.0

"Howard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bs24nf$dir$(E-Mail Removed)...
> in the dim recesses of my mind, I think I remember using some software

that
> showed the aperture/shutter/flash and so on of the image.
>
> I have corel 8 and 10
> photoshop 7
> Irfanview
> Picture window 3.1
>
> I cannot find the link to get the above mentioned data .......
>
> I can get most of the data on the photo from the above listed software,

but
> not the settings the camera used
>
> camera is a Kodak DX 4900 digital zoom
>

> --
> (E-Mail Removed)
> In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
> THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!

HRosita

Hi,

the fastest way, since you have Irfanview is to click on the icon with an "i"
in a red cirlce, to the left of the icon with a +.

And if the information shown is not enough, at the bottom of the popup is the
exif button that will list even more.

Hope this helps

Merry Christmas
Rosita

Howard

Hi Rosita,,,,,,,

MARVELOUS, thanks.......... I never downloaded the plug ins, Life is good!
It was driving me batty trying to get that information!

May the new year bring you an abundance of health and happiness!

howard

If you would like a link to see some of my photos of India and Las Vegas

email at: (E-Mail Removed)

remove DOT

--
(E-Mail Removed)
In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!

Jeff

"Howard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bs24nf$dir$(E-Mail Removed):

> in the dim recesses of my mind, I think I remember using some software
> that showed the aperture/shutter/flash and so on of the image.
>
> I have corel 8 and 10
> photoshop 7
> Irfanview
> Picture window 3.1
>
> I cannot find the link to get the above mentioned data .......
>
> I can get most of the data on the photo from the above listed
> software, but not the settings the camera used
>
> camera is a Kodak DX 4900 digital zoom

In Photoshop 7, click File, File Info. At the top of the file info
window there is a drop-down list labeled "section:". In this list
select EXIF.

Howard

Thanks, Jeff

mind is at ease (at least for that)

be well and have a happy

(E-Mail Removed)
In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!

Mark Johnson

"Howard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>in the dim recesses of my mind, I think I remember using some software that
>showed the aperture/shutter/flash and so on of the image.

>I have corel 8 and 10
>photoshop 7
>Irfanview
>Picture window 3.1

Michal Kowalski, EXIF viewer. Just a neat little free program.

But since you have Irfanview, you already have an EXIF viewer. There's
another button that comes up for jpg image when you click on info.
That'll give you all that EXIF info.

** Pee Cee **

Acdsee, right click and properties, excellent program,
Paul.
"Howard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bs24nf$dir$(E-Mail Removed)...
> in the dim recesses of my mind, I think I remember using some software

that
> showed the aperture/shutter/flash and so on of the image.
>
> I have corel 8 and 10
> photoshop 7
> Irfanview
> Picture window 3.1
>
> I cannot find the link to get the above mentioned data .......
>
> I can get most of the data on the photo from the above listed software,

but
> not the settings the camera used
>
> camera is a Kodak DX 4900 digital zoom
>

> --
> (E-Mail Removed)
> In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
> THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!

Ed Ruf

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 10:37:30 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "Howard"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>in the dim recesses of my mind, I think I remember using some software that
>showed the aperture/shutter/flash and so on of the image.
>
>I have corel 8 and 10
>photoshop 7
>Irfanview
>Picture window 3.1
>
>I cannot find the link to get the above mentioned data .......
>
>I can get most of the data on the photo from the above listed software, but
>not the settings the camera used
>
>camera is a Kodak DX 4900 digital zoom

You should be able to with Irfanview if you also downloaded and installed
the plug in's. Choose Image => Information, then click on the EXIF Info
button. PS7 should allow this also, but Since I don't use it I can not tell
you how. PSP8 will also show EXIF info.
http://members.cox.net/egruf
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

Howard

(E-Mail Removed)