Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Using EOS lenses with Digital Rebel

Using EOS lenses with Digital Rebel

Don Coon

"dslr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Don Coon wrote:
> >
> > "dslr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

message

> > > While true that it will currently only work on the DRebel, that

doesn't
> > > make it "digital-only". It makes it 300D only. In fact, a group of
> > > lens to allow it to be used on a 10D meaning it could be used on an

EOS film
> > > camera.
> > > By hacked, I mean literally --- they hacked off enough of the camera

end
> > > of the lens to allow it to fit the 10D.
> > >
> > > The first question that springs to mind is, why?

> > Probably because "it's there" --- a challenge. It was really humorous,
> > though : )

> Hehe, have they done a website, by any chance?
>
> --
> regards,
> dslr

I think I ran accross this at either the Canon Digital Photography forum or
the DpReview forum. Never thought to save a link in my favorites since I
knew 1) I'd never own an 18-55 EFS and 2) if I did, I surely wouldn't do the
hack : ) I don't hear of anything regarding the hack spreading so I assume
it was a bust.

JPS@no.komm

In message <np0Fb.409656$Dw6.1267894@attbi_s02>,
"Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote:

>I've heard exactly the opposite. The center of a lens is sharper than the
>edges. Lens tests typically show a softening toward the edges. Since a
>10D/D30/D60/300D uses only the center 45%* of the a full 35mm frame, I'd
>expect better performance.

It's not the lens that is sharper in the center; it is the focal plane,
or field of view, that is sharpest in the center. Light for all parts
of the focal plane (or FOV) pass through all parts of the lens.
--

John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>