Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > A70 or A80

A70 or A80

Michael P Gabriel

Can someone tell me which of the two has shutter and aperture priory
modes? Orr maybe none of them? OR, where can I find the info?

Bert Hyman

In news:(E-Mail Removed) http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
(Michael P Gabriel) wrote:

> Can someone tell me which of the two has shutter and aperture priory
> modes? Orr maybe none of them? OR, where can I find the info?

Both cameras have both modes, as well as full manual. Heck, even the A60
has those modes.

http://www.powershot.com/

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN (E-Mail Removed)

Zol.

Both have full manual & appeture & shutter priority modes -
http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/BeBit-e.html is a good starting point for info ... Zol.

"Michael P Gabriel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Can someone tell me which of the two has shutter and aperture priory
> modes? Orr maybe none of them? OR, where can I find the info?

DaveT

On 20 Dec 2003 07:26:08 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Michael P Gabriel)
wrote:

>Can someone tell me which of the two has shutter and aperture priory
>modes? Orr maybe none of them? OR, where can I find the info?

Both ..

<http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/a70-60/specs.html>
<http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/a80/specs.html>

DaveT

FredBillie

<< From: (E-Mail Removed) (Michael P Gabriel)
Date: Sat, Dec 20, 2003 9:26 AM

Can someone tell me which of the two has shutter and aperture priory
modes? Orr maybe none of them? OR, where can I find the info?
>><BR><BR>

Both have shutter and aperture priority. One thing you may not notice but the
A80 seems to have the same size CCD as the G3. Note the A70 has a 1/2.7 inch
CCD and the A80 has a 1/1.8 CCD, considerably larger. Many cameras will pack
more pixels in the same size CCD when increasing the MPs but this isn’t so
with the A80. Why is this important? Smaller pixels produce greater noise in
pictures.