Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Problems with Smart Media Cards?

Problems with Smart Media Cards?

Bill

does anyone know how to get Smart Media cards to function properly
other than rubbing them with pencil erasers? I have been told that
Olympus has given up using them for photo storage in their cameras.

Bill

Joseph Meehan

Bill wrote:
> does anyone know how to get Smart Media cards to function properly
> other than rubbing them with pencil erasers? I have been told that
> Olympus has given up using them for photo storage in their cameras.
>
> Bill

I have never had a problem with them.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Canopus

"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yE_Eb.26247$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bill wrote:
> > does anyone know how to get Smart Media cards to function properly
> > other than rubbing them with pencil erasers? I have been told that
> > Olympus has given up using them for photo storage in their cameras.
> >
> > Bill

> I have never had a problem with them.
>
> --
> Joseph E. Meehan
>
> 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Same here, no problems. Could it be the contacts in your camera?

Rob

anyone

I've never had any problems with mine either. Olympus is not the only ones
that have given up on using them, I doubt whether you can buy any new camera
that uses smartmedia. Don't know why but they were never able to fit
anymore than 128mb into those cards. They're getting harder to find now
too, hardly ever see them on sale at Best Buy or Circuit City anymore.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...