Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > A clique of the shutter?

A clique of the shutter?

JPS@no.komm

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Mark B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Bottom posting can be a PITA as well when someone posts a one-line answer
>after 300 lines of the previous post, which is quite frequently.

Your viewpoint is all bokeh. Let me focus it:

1) Snipping irrelevant content is always better.

2) Posting a comment immediately after the statement that it is a
response to is the natural, logical way to reply.

See how simple it can be!
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

JPS@no.komm

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Mark B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Well, in fairness to MS, they didn't write OE...they simply purchased it and
>integrated it into IE.

Well, then; they should have shopped around.

It is because of other people having outlook express that have my e-mail
address in it that I get a good chunk of my spam, and e-mail viruses. I
don't even like to give out e-mail addresses to friends and family,
because they are so naive.
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

Joe

says...

> 2) Posting a comment immediately after the statement that it is a
> response to is the natural, logical way to reply.
>
> See how simple it can be!

If only your simple understanding of grammar was as good. I assume your
first language isn't English

Commas R Us

JPS@no.komm

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Joe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>says...
>
>> 2) Posting a comment immediately after the statement that it is a
>> response to is the natural, logical way to reply.
>>
>> See how simple it can be!
>>

>If only your simple understanding of grammar was as good. I assume your
>first language isn't English

Not only is English my first language, but I got an A+ in English in
college (it didn't raise my GPA above 4.0, though). I suppose I could
have been a little clearer, though (I don't proofread my usenet posts
the way I do a paper for an English class):

2) Posting a comment (immediately after the statement that it is a
response to) is the natural, logical way to reply.

--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

Mark B.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Mark B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Bottom posting can be a PITA as well when someone posts a one-line answer
> >after 300 lines of the previous post, which is quite frequently.

> Your viewpoint is all bokeh. Let me focus it:
>
> 1) Snipping irrelevant content is always better.
>
> 2) Posting a comment immediately after the statement that it is a
> response to is the natural, logical way to reply.
>
> See how simple it can be!

I don't disagree, but you're in the minority. There will always be bottom
posters who won't trim the post, and will even put their reply in the quoted
text so it's not worth trying to figure out who said what.

Mark

Mark B.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Mark B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Well, in fairness to MS, they didn't write OE...they simply purchased it

and
> >integrated it into IE.

> Well, then; they should have shopped around.
>
> It is because of other people having outlook express that have my e-mail
> address in it that I get a good chunk of my spam, and e-mail viruses. I
> don't even like to give out e-mail addresses to friends and family,
> because they are so naive.

So isn't that other people's fault that they're so naive about opening
potentially harmful e-mail, or at least setting up an e-mail scanner? I'm
sure many here have OE, but know how to use it.

Mark

Ron Hunter

Mark B. wrote:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>"Mark B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>Well, in fairness to MS, they didn't write OE...they simply purchased it

> and
>
>>>integrated it into IE.

>>Well, then; they should have shopped around.
>>
>>It is because of other people having outlook express that have my e-mail
>>address in it that I get a good chunk of my spam, and e-mail viruses. I
>>don't even like to give out e-mail addresses to friends and family,
>>because they are so naive.

> So isn't that other people's fault that they're so naive about opening
> potentially harmful e-mail, or at least setting up an e-mail scanner? I'm
> sure many here have OE, but know how to use it.
>
> Mark

The best way I know to use OE is to write it to a bad sector on the HD
so that other valuable programs won't try to use that sector until you
have time to map it out....

MS seems to be trying to address the security problems, but I suspect
that the program was written in ignorance of the subject, too fast, and
with too little testing, and may be uncorrectable.